• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I might have found a solution to Project M's CBliss Tool

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I say might have because someone else might have discovered this already.

As most of you know, if you have the CBliss tool it will probably freeze when you try to select the last costumes of certain characters. What I discovered was that this was an effect that only affected Project M characters. So after much more experimenting I figured out that using CBliss on Project M makes CBliss think that Project M has the same number of costumes as Brawl. So how do you fix this? Simple!

You have to manually change all of the number of costumes in Project M's CBliss to the number they are in Project M. This only applies to any new alts in Project M.

i.e.: Wolf has 6 costumes in Brawl, he has 7 in Project M. You use the CBliss tool and don't modify him, when you try to load up his (or maybe just a random character's last costume), it will probably break. This is because CBliss thinks it doesn't exist cause it's reading Brawl's slots instead of Project M. Changing Wolf's costume number to 7 will not cause Wolf to freeze, however if you look through the CSS it will make another character freeze. So how do you stop this chain of freezing? Every single character with an alt will need to have his number manually inputted, the only exceptions are any characters that didn't have any costumes added or any characters with a max of 10 costumes (12 for Wario).

Please note: I'm not 100% sure if it's the way that CBliss is coded to read the alts that way or something because I'm not a coder. I found this out simply by experimenting and analyzing.

I'm sorry if I'm bad at explaining, please leave a comment if you need me to explain it in a different way.

Oreodesu

Smash Rookie
It would be helpful if we knew what to name the files and if we could see the CSP's in Brawl costume manager.

Top Bottom