• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I make the rules for 64 at Apex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Wait, no I don`t, or it would be Hyrule only, pro-items, and no Fox, and with @ KnitePhox KnitePhox Mode* engaged.

So who does?
Can they please stand up? I`ll go back and edit this first post here because I really think there should be a thread titled thusly with said person(s) here to be transparent and accountable.

In lieu of said person(s) being available to the public SSB community, I suggest we elect officers. Or perhaps just one. Is there one man or woman that can pass this crucible?
Of course there is.
I nominate Kero the Great to be confirmed forthwith as High Chancellor of SSB64 for the United States of America.
Powers the office would entail:
Looking good.
Making the rules for Apex.

Studstill

Smash Ace
*KnitePhox Mode:
Shielding causes 2% damage initially.
Take 1% damage for every second without a button input.
Take 10% damage for every second without moving.
Character immediately flies offstage (think jiggs shieldbreak) if it moves in a direction away from the opponent.

Shears

Smash Master
They have been voted on. They have been tested. Trial and error for 15 years. There was a thread dedicated to whether Hyrule should be legal, and the voted on result? Ban Hyrule. There was a thread dedicated to whether timers should be legal, and the voted on result? Use timers. Just because you weren't here for the results and discussions doesn't mean they have to be revoted on. Every time someone is born in the US we don't revote on the amendments, likewise, every time someone joins smashboards we don't revote on the tournament ruleset. Don't get mad about this and don't take it personally, these are just the rules. We are not going to go rewrite a thesis on smash 64 rules customized for every person that disagrees.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
this has been stated to studstill a hundred times. I don't know when he'll understand.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Studstill if you get top 24 at this apex i swear I will fully support your ruleset forever

You claim to have been at "boom level" in the past (which is really odd: you made that judgement based on current boom's skills, but boom has been increasing in skill for a long time, so if you were today's boom level 2 years ago, then you would have been better than boom back in 2012. Which i highly doubt). You have had about 8 months to get back to your former self. ( sidenote: I am pretty sure that the level of skill I was at after 8 total months of competitive smash playing was better than how you are now. ) Now you have close to 4 more months to get to a level less than boom's, it would be as good as kero and kefit and sensei did last year.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
scrubstill is desperately reaching for allies, it's so adorable
I need no allies, ask anyone playing on my team. Also I have no idea what you are talking about. Don`t tell me, please, as the only thing I`m "desperately reaching for" is you to shut the **** up, lol.

Studstill if you get top 24 at this apex i swear I will fully support your ruleset forever
Ok. Does first count? And while we don`t have a mod or whatever, why don`t you be in charge of all these various bets against me.
@ KnitePhox KnitePhox put $5000 up that I`ll never beat boom in a single game.

You claim to have been at "boom level" in the past (which is really odd: you made that judgement based on current boom's skills, but boom has been increasing in skill for a long time, so if you were today's boom level 2 years ago, then you would have been better than boom back in 2012. Which i highly doubt). You have had about 8 months to get back to your former self. ( sidenote: I am pretty sure that the level of skill I was at after 8 total months of competitive smash playing was better than how you are now. ) Now you have close to 4 more months to get to a level less than boom's, it would be as good as kero and kefit and sensei did last year.
Yes, if any of that was correlated then sure. But it isn`t, lololol. Good luck at Apex, Steve!

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
correlated?

Im saying it shouldnt be hard for you to break top 24 at apex with your claims of skill level
My first competitive tournament was apex 2013. I got top 24 at apex 2014, just 12 months later. I think you could do the same with just 10 to 11 months of competitive training, since you alledgely used to have a skill level superior to most players here anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom