• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hope you're ready for the next big Mario:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
ME

That's right, Smashboards! Mario has been my main since the beginning (AS A CASUAL PLAYER), and after playing competitively for a while, I realized my Mario might actually be pretty deadly. I've decided to go all out and join the battle to earn Mario the respect he deserves. I even have this rad new Mario profile picture.

I'm coming for you, Rookie.

NAH, not really. You're actually a pretty big inspiration for me. Even though I must reach your level to earn Mario the respect he deserves, MY REAL GOAL IS TO ELIMINATE THE ELITE "HIGH-TIER" MAINS AND EVERY DOC MAIN IN THE WORLD.

THIS IS YOUR WARNING! I'm gonna take the Smash scene by storm. Hopefully you'll all get to see my rad playstyle soon. Until then, watch out for Zalak, because he's gonna go big B)

Also watch out for Mario, because he's also going big.

Last edited:

a rookie

Smash Ace
Hope you stick to your claim. It'd be nice to see another Mario doing well. One just recently quit and switched to Marth. So now, we probably only have like less than 10 in the world. Well, from my knowledge and Smashboards :/ Good luck, I wish you the best!

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Thanks a bundle! I'm definitely not switching mains, but I might not have as much potential as I had hoped. I'm just coming back from a sort of Melee hiatus, and I went to a local tournament and.. did... ALRIGHT.... I definitely impressed some people with my skill and unique style (Mostly because no one had heard of me and I was playing Mario), but that tournament made me realized how much work and fine tuning my Mario style and tech skill need if I'm to earn Mario the RESPECT HE DESERVES. Can't bring glory to the Mario name if I'm losing LOCAL TOURNAMENTS. :159:
NOT GIVING UP THOUGH. I just need to practice more and play against a larger variety of opponents :062:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
my mario is legit though on a local level... gotta work to get apex and evo legit

Britex

Smash Apprentice
Btw mario mains, please use chaingrabs. I've gotten very consistent with them and boy are they useful vs fox/falco/sheik. On FD your chaingrab on spacies is a real threat and you should make full use of it.

Not only marth can 0-death :)

a rookie

Smash Ace
Yup, took me about 6 years to drop all my "honor" as people call it and start using the Cape and Chain Throwing more. Lol. Mario's pretty good on FD if you can get the grab. I would do like 80% to Lucky or kill him. Look out Marth, your Meta-game is too weak son :starman:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Nice tip! I've been too busy trying to master the super jump to wall jump technique that I've forgotten to optimize my fundamental techniques.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Yup, took me about 6 years to drop all my "honor" as people call it and start using the Cape and Chain Throwing more. Lol. Mario's pretty good on FD if you can get the grab. I would do like 80% to Lucky or kill him. Look out Marth, your Meta-game is too weak son :starman:
That's the way to do it! The S tiers are all about ridiculously long combos and crazy gimps. I say Marios should make use of every advantage they have.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I used to hate using fireballs, because I didn't want to feel like I was playing as a campy character, but I had to accept them eventually. Fireballs are rad and excellent for starting combos/trapping your opponents during their approaches.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
speaking of... mario, does anyone have any tips to get consistent with the up-b to walljump technique? IS IT REALLY POSSIBLE TO DO CONSISTENTLY? I've only done it twice.... it was twice in a row though.. which is cool

Nergal69

Smash Apprentice
speaking of... mario, does anyone have any tips to get consistent with the up-b to walljump technique? IS IT REALLY POSSIBLE TO DO CONSISTENTLY? I've only done it twice.... it was twice in a row though.. which is cool
I can do it almost perfectly every time. The trick is to perform it slightly earlier than you think; Mario turns around slightly before he reaches the maximum height of his up-B, so that's when you need to tilt your stick in the opposite direction.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I can do it almost perfectly every time. The trick is to perform it slightly earlier than you think; Mario turns around slightly before he reaches the maximum height of his up-B, so that's when you need to tilt your stick in the opposite direction.
Thanks! I'm about to go try this.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Already making some progress :106: I'm still not too close to what I would call consistent though.... I just have to work harder! :057::057::057::057::057::057::057:

Top Bottom