• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Hope They Don't Change Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePixelGuru

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I've been reading this forum and I agree with you people who hope they don't change anything at all for Brawl. Wavedashing, SHFFLing, all that shouldn't change at all. I want Brawl to be exactly the same as Melee. They're already adding new characters and stages, isn't that enough? They're keeping the Gamecube controller, which is good, but it's not enough. When I get my Wii I want to plug in the exact same controller and play the exact same game that I always have, but I want to pay $50 to do it. Also, I hope they don't make it playable by n00bs. I don't think anyone but pro players should be able to pick it up and play. You should have to be able to press at least 10 buttons a second to play. And there should be no items at all, except the book should mention items so we can talk about how much they suck and how people who use them must suck. But you have to see how right I am. SSB64 rocked, and so did SSBM, and SSBM only rocked because they didn't change it at all from SSB64. It's a good thing it was the same game or it would be terrible. If they change anything at all for SSBB, I'm gonna boycott it. Who's with me?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Hey everyone. I've been reading this forum and I agree with you people who hope they don't change anything at all for Brawl. Wavedashing, SHFFLing, all that shouldn't change at all. I want Brawl to be exactly the same as Melee. They're already adding new characters and stages, isn't that enough? They're keeping the Gamecube controller, which is good, but it's not enough.

When I get my Wii I want to plug in the exact same controller and play the exact same game that I always have, but I want to pay $50 to do it. Also, I hope they don't make it playable by n00bs. I don't think anyone but pro players should be able to pick it up and play.

You should have to be able to press at least 10 buttons a second to play. And there should be no items at all, except the book should mention items so we can talk about how much they suck and how people who use them must suck. But you have to see how right I am. SSB64 rocked, and so did SSBM, and SSBM only rocked because they didn't change it at all from SSB64. It's a good thing it wasn't the same game or it would be terrible. If they change anything at all for SSBB, I'm gonna boycott it. Who's with me?
Melee was completly different from ssb64 because ssb64 couldnt be pushed far enough.

You should be banned for spam, no one likes a sarcastic douche.

You should also be banned for posting a wall of text. PARAGRAPHS *** hole.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
right...ssbm didnt change at all from ssb64...
well i guess in your opinion brawl wont be any different from melee. so you wont have to worry.

and i completely agree with classic-black.
Meh we shouldn't be wasting time on a troll. Troll fuks should be banned. God I hate mispelling f u c k but this whole censor thing is annoying. Especially a-ss. How is a-ss a swear word?

I love your siggy by the way. Disjointed hitbox ftw!

Chepe

Smash Lord
Wow, how wrong you are on some parts...

No, this SHOULD NOT be Melee 2.0 with new characters and online. Like Sakurai said when he was asked not to touch Melee's characters, "What kind of sequel would that make?" Brawl shouldnt feel exactly like Melee, and Melee sure didnt feel like Smash 64. Have you tried playing the 64 game recently? It feels completely different, and so do the characters (Kirby, Ness anyone?)...

And while certain advanced techniques should remain (shffl, L-cancel, more stuff thats been in both games), some like wavedashing might need to go if Sakurai feels like it shouldnt be part of the gameplay (we dont know either way). Its not like there wont be new advanced techniques to use in Brawl...

Sakurai is making this for the general Smash population, which largely includes the "n00bs" or in reality, the casual players. And items are for the casual and those who want to have fun with friends who dont play too much. And you wont boycott the game even after they announced that some characters will be cut, just like no one will boycott the game for Snake or even if Sonic makes it in...

People are way too afraid of change, but that is needed to really create a sequel...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Wow, how wrong you are on some parts...

No, this SHOULD NOT be Melee 2.0 with new characters and online. Like Sakurai said when he was asked not to touch Melee's characters, "What kind of sequel would that make?" Brawl shouldnt feel exactly like Melee, and Melee sure didnt feel like Smash 64. Have you tried playing the 64 game recently? It feels completely different, and so do the characters (Kirby, Ness anyone?)...

And while certain advanced techniques should remain (shffl, L-cancel, more stuff thats been in both games), some like wavedashing might need to go if Sakurai feels like it shouldnt be part of the gameplay (we dont know either way). Its not like there wont be new advanced techniques to use in Brawl...

Sakurai is making this for the general Smash population, which largely includes the "n00bs" or in reality, the casual players. And items are for the casual and those who want to have fun with friends who dont play too much. And you wont boycott the game even after they announced that some characters will be cut, just like no one will boycott the game for Snake or even if Sonic makes it in...

People are way too afraid of change, but that is needed to really create a sequel...

Way to post a serious essay in response to obvious sarcasm... :ohwell:

Are you... special or something? Seriously how the hell did you manage to take the first post seriously? just... wow.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I dont think you need to be special to miss sarcasm. :(

I really thought he was being serious because there are really some people with that mindset in many places...

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Yes its sarcasm, but there is a point to it.
He's tried of all this "They better not get rid of wavedashing or it'll suck" we've been reading. It's a glitch and it will be fixed. But don't think you're going to be stuck running. They will most likely create or modify moves so that wavedashing wouldn't be as useful anyway. After all, do you seriously think the devs haven't noticed the tournament support this has been getting? They'll find a way to make it right.

He isn't a troll for the sake of pissing people off, he's just pointing out that things WILL change and there is no point in *****ing about it.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
He's tried of all this "They better not get rid of wavedashing or it'll suck" we've been reading. It's a glitch and it will be fixed.
OH MY GOD. THIS IS THE 10000000000000TH TIME THIS HAS BEEN POSTED.

Ok, now, you ****ing idiot. Wavedashing was labeled ''super dash technique'' in the ****ing debug mode, by the GAME PROGRAMMERS.

as in THEY KNEW IT EXISTED, THEY JUST CHOSE NOT TO TELL PEOPLE ABOUT IT AND LET THEM FIGURE IT OUT ON THEIR OWN.

You oughta educate yourself before posting anything

He isn't a troll for the sake of pissing people off
Actually thats pretty much the definition of a troll, flamebaiting, and spam. Which this thread is both.

ThePixelGuru

Smash Rookie
He's tried of all this "They better not get rid of wavedashing or it'll suck" we've been reading. It's a glitch and it will be fixed. But don't think you're going to be stuck running. They will most likely create or modify moves so that wavedashing wouldn't be as useful anyway. After all, do you seriously think the devs haven't noticed the tournament support this has been getting? They'll find a way to make it right.

He isn't a troll for the sake of pissing people off, he's just pointing out that things WILL change and there is no point in *****ing about it.
Bingo. This dude wins. I was hoping someone would get it. I don't totally agree with you, though; as Dylan_Tnga so politely points out, the Melee team knew about wavedashing. I still don't think there will be wavedashing because I think the game will move past it for precisely the reasons you mentioned.

I really thought he was being serious because there are really some people with that mindset in many places...
Also my point.

OH MY GOD. THIS IS THE 10000000000000TH TIME THIS HAS BEEN POSTED.

Ok, now, you ****ing idiot. Wavedashing was labeled ''super dash technique'' in the ****ing debug mode, by the GAME PROGRAMMERS.

as in THEY KNEW IT EXISTED, THEY JUST CHOSE NOT TO TELL PEOPLE ABOUT IT AND LET THEM FIGURE IT OUT ON THEIR OWN.

You oughta educate yourself before posting anything

Actually thats pretty much the definition of a troll, flamebaiting, and spam. Which this thread is both.
You should be banned for spam, no one likes a sarcastic douche.
You should also be banned for posting a wall of text. PARAGRAPHS *** hole.
You should be banned for dodging the cuss filter (Mods, I have a screenshot if he changes it). You should also be banned because every topic I see you're flaming someone you don't agree with. I understand that you believe in your opinions; that's why you have them. I believe in mine, and I'm sure the people who you *****ed out in this thread for their views believe in them as well. But let's have some civil discourse here, shall we?

Yeah, I posted something that I thought would get some responses. I call it thought-provoking, but if you want to call it trolling, enjoy. It's not hard to get a rise out of you, though. big_freddy was right on track and observing that the game would probably move past wavedashing with the new developments that are inevitable, and you had to come in and call him a "****ing idiot" because he called it a glitch. You're right, it's not a glitch, but let's move past that and discuss the rest of it, shall we? He's right when he says the game's gonna change, deal with it. I think wavedashing is going to be made obsolete, like big_freddy said. If you can still do it, there probably won't be a reason. They could change a move like the dodge to just be better than a wavedash. They could create some new move, different than a dodge and similar to a wavedash so that it replaced the wavedash. Or they could (and you might want to be sitting down for this) change the game engine!

Stay with me here. Super Smash Bros 64, on the N64. Super Smash Bros Melee, on the GCN. Different games, different consoles, different engines. Super Smash Bros Brawl, on the Wii. Different game, different console, and probably a different engine. Not all the game mechanics will be the same, some new techs might appear, and some old ones might disappear. You can be sure that it won't play like Melee, though. Why would I buy that? If I can plug in my old Melee and my old wavebird to my new Wii, why would I buy a $50 new Melee? Remember when we used to play SSB64? We got Gamecubes, and thought, wouldn't it rock if I could play Smash on the Gamecube? Then it came out - that was sweet. We bought it, brought it home, turned it on, and it sucked. It wasn't SSB64 at all. It only took a couple days for us to realize that was a good thing. Who the hell wants to get a new console and a new game to have it play like the game they bought years ago?

It's gonna be different, people. Embrace the change. Honestly, I hope they slow it down and make it easier. Yeah, dumb down Smash. I'm serious. If you made it so that techs were easier to perform, I really think it would enhance the gameplay. It would become even more about strategy. You guys are always going on about how mindgames define the player. They're really the best part of Smash, and what sets it apart. Think about how many mindgames there are in other fighting games: none. Go, attack, combo, kill people. The beauty of Smash is the mentality; how to approach, how to avoid attacks, how to catch your opponent off guard, how to counter, how to lure your opponent in. You shouldn't have to worry about how to precisely tap 300 buttons a second to chainthrow or pillar your opponent or waveshine around. It'd be sweet if performing all the techs was achievable by most players. Then Smash could focus on what it's all about: the strategy behind the fight.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
You should be banned for dodging the cuss filter (Mods, I have a screenshot if he changes it).
WOW. You suckup.

You sound like the kind of kid that puts an apple on his teachers desk, and gets his lunch money taken.

Who do you think you are coming in with 3 posts and reporting people? Jeez. I've already had a conversation with one of the mods concerning my attitude, seems unlikely Ill be banned as he quite well understood where I was coming from. I also happen to contribute a lot to this forum and have made quite a few friends in my short time here. Why dont you waste less time taking screenshots and put more effort into being a productive poster, k thx.

Also I don't flame everyone who disagrees with me. I flame noobs with arrogant opinions like wavedashing being a glitch, and wavedashing means you have no skill.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Change is an inevitability....

And Brown Nosers aren't respected in any manner.I suggest you mind your own afairs.
Thanks, man. If I get banned over someone with 3 posts reporting me I'd be suprised.

Edit : I just realized its the creator of this thread. Have fun on your way to bantown spammer. And make no mistake, this thread is spam. Mods on forums generally dont mind a little banter, but spam is a no no, everywhere.

But hey why don't I take a screenshot and suck the mods ***** while im at it? loser.

ThePixelGuru

Smash Rookie
Sorry, not meaning to brown-nose, it was more of a "to whom it may concern." If the mods don't do anything, I'm not going to go crying and emailing them. If they skip over it, it's not my place to harp on it. I just thought since he believes I should be banned for a "wall of text" I should point out the hypocrisy in dodging the cuss filter. My bad.

Dylan_Tnga, add something, please. You just come in and ***** at people, you don't say anything on topic. Your posts attack me personally and lack discussion of the subject at hand. You insult me for my postcount, but I've been here longer, I just don't open my mouth every topic I read to scream at someone I don't agree with.

But let's stay on topic. I didn't see a good "How will smash change generally" topic, so I tried to provoke some people into thinking about it. Smash will change, but how? How did it change from 64 to Melee, and how will it go from there? The gameplay has become more fluid and faster. Will this trend continue? Will it become more fluid, but slowed down? Will the team take a step back with Brawl and make it retro, with freeze frames and faster gameplay? This is what I'm getting at. Is it possible for them to make items a more integral part of the game? Turnips and bombs started to bridge the gap between items and characters, will it go farther? How about an all item-using character like Olimar or Bomberman?

Let's have some speculation, educated guesses, et cetera. Is it possible to create a new game that's easier to learn but harder to master? Something where, although everyone can do the same techs, there's still a huge gap between advanced players and beginners? Basic game engine changes, all that. That's what I'm getting at, not petty disputes over postcount and forum rules.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
WOW. You suckup.

You sound like the kind of kid that puts an apple on his teachers desk, and gets his lunch money taken.

Who do you think you are coming in with 3 posts and reporting people? Jeez. I've already had a conversation with one of the mods concerning my attitude, seems unlikely Ill be banned as he quite well understood where I was coming from. I also happen to contribute a lot to this forum and have made quite a few friends in my short time here. Why dont you waste less time taking screenshots and put more effort into being a productive poster, k thx.

Also I don't flame everyone who disagrees with me. I flame noobs with arrogant opinions like wavedashing being a glitch, and wavedashing means you have no skill.
Well, guess what? He's right. And I don't know where the hell you're coming from, but it's certainly not welcomed here. You need to shipshape and become a lot nicer, less you want to find yourself out on the curb, banned from the forums, chi.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't feed trolls.

Regardless, we have topics already debating changes and what people hope dpoesn't change.

kthxbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom