• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have the DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotARealLeaker

Smash Rookie
I know I know, another "leak" right? Whatever, I have real information. The DLC characters were chosen by Nintendo, with very minimal input from Sakurai, so they aren't really that popular or exiting, but you're going to have to trust me, or not, whatever. They're all pretty early into development so there's not a lot of moveset details but I'll give you what I have.

Number one: Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter was planned from the base roster, but the character was taken off the base roster and into DLC. I think this is so that A, Sakurai could work on Piranha Plant to mess with the Waluigi fans that have been hating him, and B, he would make more money as a DLC rather than a base character which would pay for the licensing fees. From what I've seen, the moveset consists of swapping weapons for the main attacks, and the stage is similar to the one you fight Rathalos on in World of Light. Probably going to be revealed at the Game Awards at the earliest

Number two: Steve
Yeah I know nobody wants it, but Nintendo knows Steve will sell well and will help promote Minecraft on their system. Besides, Nintendo cares more about relevancy than Sakurai. Like seriously, what would Banjo and Kazooie do in terms of being relevant? Anyways, I think he has like a crafting ability, changing the power of his moves as his tools are upgraded from wood up to diamond. Sakurai is trying to make him more than just another generic sword user. He might be revealed at Minecon 2019 for the 10 year anniversary, but I don't know when Minecon will be next year so I'm not sure about that.

Number three: Square Enix character
There are a lot of names going around. Some of them obviously are leak bait (like Chrono and a Chocobo from Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon), but I think there's also a bit of a divide between what the higher-ups want for representation. Sakurai wants Geno, Nintendo wants Slime and Square wants Sora. Either way, I'm pretty sure they've come to an agreement but I don't know for sure which one it will be.

Number four: 8th gen Pokemon
Unsure which one. GameFreak just gave Sakurai some concept art and basic info for some 8th gen Pokemon. Maybe he's picked one quickly like Greninja, maybe he's still narrowing it down. Either way, Nintendo insisted he pick one of them.

Numer five: Cygames character
I'm sure there's going to be one. I overheard that the discussion went well, but I'm not sure if the character will be from Granblue Fantasy or Dragalia Lost. If I had to guess, I think Dragalia Lost because it is technically a first party game so that would be easier. Pretty sure whoever it is, they are going to be the last DLC as they were literally just decided upon like a couple weeks ago

Regardless, I think Sakurai is a bit peeved that Nintendo presented him a list of characters on a platter, as we've been getting conflicting orders on a variety of fronts. Possibly there will be a wave two of DLC with more Sakurai picks. Anyways, believe this, don't believe it, whatever, I'm going to go hide in my bunker from the Nintendo Ninjas before this post gets taken down.

D

Deleted member

Bruh even if this is a real leak, screw leaks. im tired of hearing about them. Just wait till dlc releases people. Dont feed into the leak hype, unless you wanna be dissapointed again...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If you have any actual evidence to support your claims, contact the staff. Otherwise, this thread will be closed, just like every other supposed "leak" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom