• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have an air dodge habit

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Hello everyone. My name is White_Pointer, and I'm addicted to air dodging.

I never used to be like this. I've been playing Smash since the N64 and obviously was not much of an air dodger in any previous games. But I've developed a habit of air dodging in Smash 4 and I need to stop it.

I think it started as a result of playing Samus extensively and wanting to break out of my tumble animation, so I can tether grab recovery if I need to. Quite often I don't need it, but I like having the security of having the option there at least. This has kinda extended though to almost immediately air dodging the majority of the times I'm thrown or hit into the air regardless of whether I think my opponent is going to follow up with anything or not. I'm definitely taking a lot of unnecessary damage and potentially losing stocks unnecessarily because my air dodges are so predictable.

Tell me, Samus support group...how can I break my air dodge habit?

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Use bomb or uair to get out of tumble if you don't plan on jumping out of it and you really want to be out of tumble.

Shuckle_SSB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkFire5136
3DS FC
4124-5307-8608
play without a shield button for a while in friendlies. Practice not having the option to force yourself to take different measures when in a situation where you might air dodge improperly.

Top Bottom