• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a Wii U. If I play in Wii mode, can I use the Wii U Pro Controller?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
As the title states, I have a Wii U and I'm wondering if I can use my Wii U Pro controller in Wii mode. It would be perfect for brawl.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Wii U products don't work for Wii games.
Great. So that means I'll be stuck with the Classic Pro controller with a Wiimote dangling from it? Such a poor design. Why would they make those so that it has to be plugged into a wii remote urgh.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Great. So that means I'll be stuck with the Classic Pro controller with a Wiimote dangling from it? Such a poor design. Why would they make those so that it has to be plugged into a wii remote urgh.
Could be worse, it could be plugged into the system like controllers used to be.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Not that it's exactly a bad thing. Gamecube controller was one of, if not THE best controller to date.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Could be worse, it could be plugged into the system like controllers used to be.
I would rather that than the Wii remote. Like the post above me says, Gamecube controller is pretty good. The Wii U Pro controller is also really nice. But, I digress.

Top Bottom