• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a serious issue

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
Recently My comp has been killing me, it starts about a few weeks ago.

The machine runs just fine, everything works, the only crashes are results of waaaaaay to much RAM being used at one time. Then i log onto windows and it says "Windows has recovered missing/damage registry information etc. etc." so i pay it no mind.

I turn on my computer the next day, RIGHT after BIOS does its thing, it stops and says "System.dll has become invalid or corrupted. Please insert you windows disk and use the 'Repair' function" (or something to that extent).

So i insert my PIRATED copy of Windows XP, and reinstall. at this point i back up all of my 'important' files to disks and continue with my SWF lurking and WoW Playing. after a few days, the problems again comes back. . .so i buy a new copy of XP, do a FULL reformat for BOTH of my hard-drives and install A COMPLETELY LEGIT STORE BOUGHT COPY OF WINDOWS.

a few weeks later, yesterday morning, i had to Reinstall windows, because of the same **** problem. . .

tips?
help?
explanations?
please

o.Odyssey.o

Smash Cadet
Check your motherboard's CMOS Battery. There should be a red clip beside it. And if there is not, you have to go buy one. I can't think of the name of them yet though. :^( But your motherboard maybe already unrepairable. Since you left it that long, then, it just destroys your motherboard. Same thing happened to me.

o.Odyssey.o

Smash Cadet
That may work, but, it will take you quite some time to put back all your settings. If it still doesn't work, ask a professional.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Instead of using the repair function, act like you have sasser and install windows again, don't just repair it. It will take a long time to move all your files, reinstall programs made by microsoft, and re-install some hardware, but the problem will stop.

Top Bottom