• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a problem

DeviaLogandeathblade1

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-9928-8149
How do I beat spammy ( I know that word is bad here, but listen to me on this please) sonic players? they're no fun to fight, don't know how to use any combos except using their spin dash, and somehow counter everything I do, while only using their spin dash, then spamming b-air when I get over 100%. what do I do? I can use any character on the roster, but my mains are Shulk, Charizard, Mac, and pit, each of who I play at tournaments with my friends and win. It's aggravating to win tournaments, then be beaten by a lowly spammer...

TowerLight

Smash Cadet
If they're spamming then they're predictable,figure of what move they favour and exploit its weaknesses,them just go on the offensive

HYP3R

Smash Lord

Most people will instinctively hold shield when they see Spindash because it's so fast and they don't want to get hit by Sonic's bread and butter combos. While shielding isn't a terrible option versus Spindash, you have to learn how to challenge it, or else the Sonic player will continue to pressure you for free. As stated in the video, many moves will trade with it or outright beat it. I suggest researching your main's best tools to deal with Spindash most effectively.

Last edited:

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
I can't say for sure but I do know that zard's flamethrower is good regardless if they charge or cancel into a shield. I main zard exclusively so I'd know what works and what doesn't

DeviaLogandeathblade1

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-9928-8149
I can't say for sure but I do know that zard's flamethrower is good regardless if they charge or cancel into a shield. I main zard exclusively so I'd know what works and what doesn't
I love using short bursts of flamethrower to interfere with attacks. I could try that :)

Top Bottom