• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i hate marth. please help (uthrow+tipper)

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
im sick of getting killed at 60% because he manages to grab me then uthrow into tipper.

are there specific DI directions that im supposed to do to avoid getting tipped? does it vary on percentage?

usually when i get chaingrabbed i DI left or right but at a certain percentage you should DI upwards right? can someone clarify?

Little Greg

Smash Apprentice
S-P-to-tha-izzam brotha n ****. And neva, eva, go ta FD (if you hizzy tha choice). Tizzy you can cizzamp, but he can CG, ta utilt, etc puttin tha smack down. lolz ;)

D

Deleted member

if marth does upthrow to a few upairs to tip it will certainly kill falco, but there's a way out. If Falco DIs the upthrow sideways but DIs the tipper correctly he gets smashed and lives to get edgeguarded, which sucks. If he DIs the throw up, marth can upair 2-3 times before doing a partially charged tipper, which again is a KO. If falco DIs the throw to a side, and smash DIs the 1st upair the same direction, he goes out of range for a tipper, but marth can do a dash and then a dash cancel to ftilt and KO falco most of the time.

I think the best solution against a top level marth is to DI the throw up and then see what he does. If he doesn't jump immediately, MASH c stick down and do a dair combo and hope he doesn't uptilt instead. If marth DOES uptilt and crouches your dair at low @, he can just grab falco, and falco has to DI the upthrow so he doesn't get hit by reverse up B, which is a good combo out of upthrow around 100. If he jumps and does upair, smash DI it to a side and try to jump out and air dodge before the second upair hits so he's open when he lands from it.

Hope that makes a little sense.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
um what?

did you jsut say a tipper cant kill falco below a 100%?

lol

i think not
Acualy, he was right. With good DI, unless you're right on the edge of a level, a tipped fsmash dosn't kill Falco untill about 100%. DIing well enough to do that is hard, and takes some experience to time properly (I'm talking smash DI here). A tipped fsmash certainly can kill Falco if his DI is incorrect, but with good DI it's deffinitly survivable.

And by the way, I think it's around 35-40% you're suppost to DI straight up and try to shine out of the chainthrow. I've seen players do it before, it does work, but I think Marth can land shffled uairs or tipped utilts. This will make your damage go over the point where Marth can combo though, which is good. Keep your DI slight, and you should be able to jump out before you're in fsmash range.

I hope that wasn't completely confusing >_<

D

Deleted member

falco can shine marth out of CG around 28% if he doesn't pivot grab, maybe 29%.

At around 33-3% marth can reverse uptilt, which cannot be DI'd, and then falco is just screwed

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
um what?

did you jsut say a tipper cant kill falco below a 100%?

lol

i think not
Yes.

This is a month and a half old video of me playing taj's [sandbagging] marth with falco.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF2t-ycBsR0

Around 1:45 I get tippered at a relatively high percent. I would have survived if I still had my double jump.

Anyways, yeah mow's words are gold.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
true true, im not great at smash DI

:(

but id like to add that you can get tippered at diferent point in the fmash so sometimes you trajectory is way mroe direct than others

in the vid you showed you got tipperd at the top of the swing and thus didnt get sent as directly horizontal

but yea

you have good falco, i liked the multi shine into dair

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
true true, im not great at smash DI

:(

but id like to add that you can get tippered at diferent point in the fmash so sometimes you trajectory is way mroe direct than others

in the vid you showed you got tipperd at the top of the swing and thus didnt get sent as directly horizontal

but yea

you have good falco, i liked the multi shine into dair
Yeah probably not the best example. But yeah, with good DI, you shouldn't die very easily, especially at 60%.

D

Deleted member

how are some ways i can improve my di'ing?
DI relies primarily on your reflexes, knowledge of the game, and making it second nature. If you're not sure how to DI an attack, grab a friend and have him/her do that attack on you. Simple combos are a great example, like fox's upthrow to upair. test different DIs at different percents, like 0, 20, 30, 60, 75, 110, 130 ish, those are all around critical numbers for different characters. Once you are familiar with the attacks being used against you and you have what you think to be the best DI, practice it in real matches until it improves. If your DI isn't working, try a different direction. Try smash DI, hold DI, partial DI, DIing in curves to angle your char to the corners after kill moves (like a rest above 50%). Try using slight DI to escape chaingrabs, or only moving the stick half way to its edge like a tilt for even weaker DI, which is harder to get.

Most technical aspects of smash are just timing and pressing the right buttons. Since DI is timing and precision, it makes it one of the most technically challenging aspects in the game.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think someone could have said it better Mow. You CAN get KO'd from a tipper at 60%, but if it's from a chaingrab, you should see it coming.

Btw Mow, SkarmBliss? That's even lamer than Sheik.

D

Deleted member

I played it before it was cool/abused. And I like sheik. lay off.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha, didn't mean to offend you or something. ^^ At least you don't use SkarmBlissLax and some other overpowered OU like uhm...Suicune. Starmie's cool, and so is Cloyster.

Oh, and I don't like Sheik.

ZABE

Smash Cadet
wait i don't get it, can't falco just blast the heck out
of marth before marth can get close to falco?

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
stop talking.

anyway ive heard that its safe to just DI up if you cant see the tipper coming. will DIing up prevent a tipper death?

thanks for the help by the way guys.

Top Bottom