• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I GOT DDOS ATTACKED ON MY WII U CONSOLE

pants the terrible

Smash Cadet
NNID
horsenwelles
3DS FC
5198-2438-0134
tuesday april 9th 2019, around 4:30 i was playing smash 4 glory, when a user with a glitchy name that covered the player select box vertically played me for a few games. after which, they said "get crashed" in the player select chatbox, when suddenly the console beeped and crashed. i turned it off and on making sure all the data wasn't erased, and luckily i'm not bricked.

how often does this occur? how many DDoS teams are out there to harm you and your families who play this game and others?

please speak up. this is not a fun issue and some people are scummy enough to engage in active destruction of property on innocent families using this method of online behavior.

please, if anyone has anything to say, share it.

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
from what i understand, this doesn't sound at all like a DDoS issue - more like they just had a profile name that caused some kind of overflow with the console that crashed it. i've never seen it occur, but it's not great that it happened to you :(. nonetheless i don't think it's a big issue for you in the long run, more like a minor inconvenience.

Top Bottom