• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I genuinely WANT to like ...

Soyaccino

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
I really try with Ridley. I want my matches back. Adjust my tactics but just suck.
I’m addicted to the character though as I literally love the design. I’ve always wanted a villain in smash who is worth while.

as Ridley my GSP is always around 100,000
With Banjo it’s 4,000,000.

do I admit defeat?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
A few tips:
-Ridley is particularly great at edgeguarding. Between Plasma Breath gimping opponents, spiking with downwards Wing Blitz while grabbing ledge, using nair or fair offstage, aerial Space Pirate Rush, 2 framing with down smash or down angled f tilt, etc. Ridley has no shortage of ways of making coming back to the stage a nightmare.
-Up tilt to Up air is a kill confirm at around 60% on middleweights. You probably won't get much use of it online, but it's good to keep in mind.
-Sometimes it's better to let people escape Space Pirate Rush to follow up on f tilt or jab, or use shield and then punish.
-Save your midair jumps when recovering. Sometimes SPR, Wing Blitz or even an air dodge are enough to get you back to the stage, so when you fail to make it back, you can use your jumps to try again, or position yourself better.
-Up Smash and up tilt cover platforms very well, so use that to apply pressure.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I really try with Ridley. I want my matches back. Adjust my tactics but just suck.
I’m addicted to the character though as I literally love the design. I’ve always wanted a villain in smash who is worth while.

as Ridley my GSP is always around 100,000
With Banjo it’s 4,000,000.

do I admit defeat?
Is there any way we could see a replay of a match where you play as Ridley and struggle?

What kind of playstyle do you typically do with Banjo?

Are you trying to play Ridley like a zoner?

Firox

Smash Master
Is there any way we could see a replay of a match where you play as Ridley and struggle?

What kind of playstyle do you typically do with Banjo?

Are you trying to play Ridley like a zoner?
Even if they were trying to play Ridley like a zoner, I still don't see how they could be sitting on a GSP of only 100,000. My Ridley is sitting in Elite smash with over 5,400,000 and at least 70% of the people I destroy are done with a simple plasma breath into dash attack approach. Of course I still use the typical combos like dtilt into Fair, down throw in Fair, landing Nair into Ftilt, Up tilt into Up air, etc., but you'd be amazed how many people don't know what to do against the plasma breath. They almost always shield until I'm right on top of them and after that I have pretty much any option I want. Then to top it all off, you can basically auto-kill with Side B once the opponent hits about 100% damage.

In short, we're definitely gonna have to see some gameplay footage to see what the issue is because I can't fathom how Ridley could perform THAT bad unless OP is charging a full plasma breath within arms distance of their opponent.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Falco has been a main or secondary for me since Melee but he was my lowest ranked character in Ultimate for longer than I would like to admit. One day I turned that **** around. Be patient. Be observant. Listen to the tips that these other Ridley players have provided you. Don't admit defeat, bruh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom