• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I found a new TECH!

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I believe its Wario's Gatlin Combo...

I can't pull it off again, but what it was, Wario did his dash attack, then it CANCELED into an Up Smash.

Its like Falco's DACUS in Brawl, it looked extremely useful, I'd show you guys but no contest didnt let me save.

I'm pretty mad I couldnt save it, but this is really good it looks like!

Last edited:

deakolt

Smash Rookie
NNID
deakolt
3DS FC
1779-2030-4940
This is amazing - can you explain the sequence of inputs necessary to make it happen? struggling to get it. Great find!

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Dash Attack > Up Smash/Grab directly after.

It's really hard to pull off on the 3DS in my experience, but you can get it!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This is commonly referred to as a Gatling Combo in Brawl/PM. It was limited to a small set of characters in that game, and it isn't really new, though I don't think there's a list of who can and cannot do this in Smash 4 yet.

It doesn't look useful in this game because the Dash Attack deals too much knockback to combo into the U-Smash. Maybe you can trip up some opponents' punish attempts. I suppose it's safer than just Dash Attacking someone's shield, though, so you may as well try the input on any sweetspot Dash Attack hit.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I think it can be useful vs. some heavies, just found out what it was called right before this!

Thanks. I think this will be useful for some mindgames with Wario on Wii U.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
If someone shielded your dash attack, they'd get punished for trying to punish it with your upsmash. Weird mindgames.

deakolt

Smash Rookie
NNID
deakolt
3DS FC
1779-2030-4940
Sometimes Wario's dash attack trips the opponent rather than knocking them back. Need to figure out when that happens, seems like that scenario is a great choice for application of DACUS!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The sourspot trips grounded opponents, but you can't cancel it into an Up-Smash after the sweetspot is over.

deakolt

Smash Rookie
NNID
deakolt
3DS FC
1779-2030-4940
ah understood :( I'm still having a really hard time with the DACUS, looking forward to GC controller-

Dilaray199

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1263-7183-5602
I believe this tech was already stated in an older thread but none the less, it is an interesting tech at that. I can only see using it as mindgames or as a safety to a dash attack in the 3DS version due to the absence of a C-stick. I will definitely try this with a GC controller to see if I can get a slide out of it on a regular basis.

Edwerd

Smash Rookie
That's interesting... was this tech actually useful to begin with or was it too hard to pull off?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Even if it were a one-frame window, it would definitely not be too difficult to be useful.

Top Bottom