• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I fight for my friends

Veng

Smash Ace
Ikes a funny character, user wise, people LOVE him, but at the same time others dont hate him, but think hell be slow and wont be used for tourneys. I also hear alot of johns like "oh i didnt know it was 1 on 1 so I picked ike, thats why I lost"

Just curious, but whats your opinion? ive seen alot of Ike vids that look pretty dang good at 1 on 1's

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
wtf is this "wont be used for tourneys". people play ike because they LIKE IKE, not because they just want to win. of course people want to win, but they wont abandon their main for that sole purpose. people will find a way to win with ike.

Zukaza

Smash Apprentice
Why wouldn't they use him for tourneys. He can be versatile when he has to be. He has his defensive and of course his offensive game. I hope this isn't a stupid question but why are they beginning to call Ike Dwight Eisenhower?

Ryo242

Smash Ace
All hail April Fools' Day!
My friends hate the I.ke. They say he kills low, and is really slow (But they don't rhyme). I reply: Yeah, but he's so cool. To which they reply: No, he's gay.
To which I say: F*** you! M.arth is gay. Then I feel bad for insulting M.arth, because he's not super tipper happy in Brawl, and thus I forgive him.
I think they just hate the fact I'm good with I.ke...

On another note, his quote is extremely annoying.

SwordsmanChris

Smash Rookie
I use Ike 1 on 1, and usually I am able to dominate the match with him. They key with him is always the timing and spacing. He has one of the longest reaches in the game with Ragnell, so he usually hits if you attack from a slight distance. He's more powerful than Marth's tipping, at any rate, and I find him to be a tad bit more versatile. You have to watch his air game, though, because he's strongest when he's closer to the ground, from what I've found.

I like Ike. XD He's one of my favorite 'lords' from Fire Emblem, and I am glad that they got a good FE character to replace Roy, my old main. I am sad Roy is gone, but Ike definitely picks up where he left off. Yeah, Ike's a pretty cool guy.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
All I know is he K.O.'s the angry puff ball with a sword at 40%.

That alone is tourney worthy.

Top Bottom