• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I feel like I missed my chance

Deklan

Smash Rookie
I had no idea smash was this popular until my friend informed me.

I had always considered myself one of the best in my group of friends, I had won some little high school tournaments, but I didn't know it stretched so far until I watched some of those documentaries.

I am very excited about this, regardless if Melee may be dying out (idk that) I'd still love to play with some people in my area

I have also started a East Valley smash bros group for Arizona players in my area.

I wish I had known, I would have traveled. But I just got married so that's not a priority any longer, but even still I want to be involved somehow.

I hope to get to know everyone here more, to learn more, and hope fully retain my knowledge of melee, brawl, and 64. (sold all my consoles to afford an apartment with my wife)

So let me know what's up!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Never too late to be apart of the Smash community. Even if you're not playing, being active around the forums is good enough honestly. Although you don't have your consoles anymore (congrats by the way!), if you'd like to still check on your area every now and then, you could check the Regional Zones forum and communicate with the locals there.

Anyways, welcome! Pleasure to have you here.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to SmashBoards! And congratulations to getting married! Once you participate for a month or so, you'll start to see plenty of players. Hopefully you buy a Wii U or 3DS for the next Smash Bros! Maybe you and your wife can learn a thing or two about each other from your playstyles?

Deklan

Smash Rookie
The issue at hand is, my wife hates everything nerdy haha.

I'd have to play underground underground haha

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
The issue at hand is, my wife hates everything nerdy haha.

I'd have to play underground underground haha
Haha. You gotta sacrifice something for someone you love. Anyways, I'd find a good friend to play with, it's great to build friendships off the Smash Bros series.

Deklan

Smash Rookie
Yes^

The people I know are more than likely the best in our city so im excited to play other cities, but the problem is is theres no tourneys in az

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Aw shucks.

#TheStruggle

Well, always use the Tournament Listings forum as a reference to keep up with what's going on. There may not be anything now, but there's sure to be something eventually.

Top Bottom