• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I feel like a new man, with a new appreciation with this game yet here me out

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, iron char here.

in playing this game carefully with new appreciation. I've found that PM 3.5 is the closest thing to perfection a smash game can get. That's right, this game is near perfect. it has all the cool **** from brawl (sse, characters, menu set ups, content) plus a major overhaul to the engine to play like our favourite game melee... except, it's way better then melee, cause its a spiritual successor with tons of gameplay options WAY better then what nintendo could ever come out with (stock control, please put in the wifi version, turbo mode, stamina options and ALL STAR VERSUS I love this ****) and overall I feel like I have the most control and most fun with my character then I do in any other smash game to date. don't tell me that "if sakurai and boys didn't make it we wouldn't be here" I know that and am thankful but its time for some new developers to step into the gaming work and PM is one of the most special things to ever happen to the console gaming world because its so different for what it is. As long as the dev team remains humble. Nintendo can never shut this down because it means so much to all of us. Thank you dev team you've come such a long way.

why is this on the meta knight board? ha, because PM I feel is near perfect there are some characters who got lost in the "balance" act. this is where my opinion is very strong but, to hell with it here we go. I feel ZSS and particularly, meta knight, got nerfed to the point of being unplayable. I was practicing SO much with 3.0 MK and then with the new change... and even after my whole renowned self that tries to accept the new things.... argh. when the downstab first came out, I personally hated it, but knowing and loving MK well I knew where it came from and started to find uses for it.... then we switch it back to brawl downtilt... which is fine and has its own uses, but alienating, why was acting out of the cape taken out? why does the glide get cut automaticly after awhile? NO OTHER CHARACTER WITH A GLIDE has that problem. whats with the weird sword sounds?

I'm sorry but the new meta knight ****in sucks. new MK sucks SO HARD I have to drop him as my main for this game. I think my other guys fared WAY better but meta knight is so bad its disgraceful. I dislike new MK so much that I through 3.0 MK in my game. so all of those who play me online wifi don't pick MK it'll desync and see yea later (rest of the cast is totally fine) those who come over to my place and play.... my house rules... so you'll have to deal with my custom music (mostly DKR, megaman, and goldeneye/perfect dark music) and that fact that my set runs MK. likewise when I'm away and in tornys, I'll have to learn how to fight something I'm not used to, looking forward to it.

I'm a bit upset with the new meta in smash 4 being dominated by diddy kong (annoying character he needs to tone down a bit), **** that game love how we have a new smash with new characters if you want a game with a closer my balanced roster? play PM you guys. I always chuckled how MK in brawl days dominated the scene. then I was shocked at PMs take on MK but I learned and grow to love it.... now the little guy ****in sucks compared to the rest of the cast. I won't stand for it and show my support by loading and playing 3.0 MK, but of course not as much as the other guys I play now.

thanks for listening to my rant. in short don't pick MK on wifi if i ask to match you

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Two things they could do to perfect the game even more, is figure out how to add Light Shielding and Wall Grapple.

Last edited:

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
to further my rant- buddy gave me his copy of smash 4 (3ds) to play and study while I'm sick.

metaknight in smash 4 shows promise..... and can whipe the floor with PM 3.5 MK.

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
I could replace "MK" with "Olimar" and it would sound more justified (if at all. Probably not). All characters got nerfed (besides melee tops for the most part, cause melee bias), so it evens out. And MK is still Puff-Marth, now in a game where most recoveries...can't really do that as well in 3.02, another indirect buff.

People still get salty over nerfs after over a month of 3.5's release ?.?

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
The Project M team has a STRONG bias towards melee top tiers. They think that since "hey, everyone knows/doesn't know this matchup, this seems like a good character."

But what happens when the meta is more developed? Melee top tiers reign supreme. They don't even seem to have and area on the melee tier list in which they are balancing the PM cast around.

I know strong bad doesn't like Melee top tiers in PM

Last edited:

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
I could replace "MK" with "Olimar" and it would sound more justified (if at all. Probably not). All characters got nerfed (besides melee tops for the most part, cause melee bias), so it evens out. And MK is still Puff-Marth, now in a game where most recoveries...can't really do that as well in 3.02, another indirect buff.

People still get salty over nerfs after over a month of 3.5's release ?.?

bah, your right.

I think it's easier for me to just main smash 4 MK, and drop him from my PM roster.... cause lets face it. Brawl MKs dirty janks still lingers within PM.... dev team can never shed that s**t. Also dev team can only mod the brawl engine so much to a point- it'll never be like perfect vmelee- and that's when SDR shall step in and save us punk asses who want to stand a chance versus the best fox player with our mains- be they top 5 or not.

PM is a beautiful thing. 3.5 is truly the BEST version thus far. good job guys I think its great work. I'm just pissed off about mk- I can still rock at least to other characters no problem cause I can switch mains easily. love your mewtwo and roy work keep it up.

I've found that when you play multiple smash games, you gotta have different mains for each one cause of all the janx of it all- our sheik player refuses to main sheik in PM cause sheik in PM is SOO messed up for him it ****s his vmelee sheik play... hard. that how much the brawl engine lingers. However I think some characters (dr.mario, maybe diddy) are so universal they can be played no problem in any smash game! so weird!

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
This is how I view Meta Knight in 3.5:

will bring videos of my mk later in this patch

Sadface

Smash Apprentice
I personally like the new mk since you have to use more throws than just down throw. I get salty about his glide too but he is still good enough to compete in my local area, I got 3rd with him at a 42 man event. I still think he's better than roy (my secondary). His dair is kinda hard to use but there should be difficult to use moves imo.

He even got buffs on certain things, like nair and up smash killing earlier.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I personally like the new mk since you have to use more throws than just down throw. I get salty about his glide too but he is still good enough to compete in my local area, I got 3rd with him at a 42 man event. I still think he's better than roy (my secondary). His dair is kinda hard to use but there should be difficult to use moves imo.

He even got buffs on certain things, like nair and up smash killing earlier.
Whats your tag?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh christ i need to contextualize this post

I get salty about his glide too but he is still good enough to compete in my local area,
Use Tornado as MK's main / default recovery move now, that's the thing

Last edited:

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
really, when it comes down to it, I only miss afew things.

acting out of Dcape
4 jumps instead of 3 "long" ones
a guide that doesn't cut halfway through.
and the mighty downstab, ripped from the games. When it came out I hated it but grew to love it during 3.02.

jeez I think that's about it. don't care about the down throw thing (I always liked mixing it up with back throw anyway) the new sword sounds make it sound weak but that's small stuff. I'm sure their are new tools players are taking advantage of with the new MK, but I'll still play the old MK cause of those few points that are missing that make this character tons of fun.

Top Bottom