• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i discovered something useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKPro

Smash Rookie
I may found something useful here
I want to find a way to approach with jiggly by crouching. In the video it shows what I accomplished doing that but saw something rather unique

When jiggly walks then goes directly to crouch she sometimes slides. I figured out that the reason she slides is because the walking speed is being transferred into her crouch. To support the theory I put on the bunny hood and it looks as if jiggly is wave dashing.
I went to test this on other characters and they all can transfer there momentum from walking to crouching. But only useful to specific characters such as those with skating traction and faster walking speeds

I then switched to Ike. With him I found something new by accident
I wanted to find a way to slide with a counter and that is exactly what I did but its not just that.
You can transfer your running speed into your special moves to perform a slide.
The most notable was his counter as I was able to slide into attacks with counter. Second would be his neutral special with a small slide

I switched into marth use the same mechanics as jigglys slide crouching I was able to transfer momentum from the walking into a down smash perform a form of a hyphen smash. Just walk input down diagonally smash attack and he will slide.

Upon these discoveries I switch into luigi as I thought he probably can abuse this hyphen down smash. But then I found out the tilts and the jabs including his taunts can as be perform with this slide mechanic.

In the Lucina video you can see the execution of this done well.
The catch to all this is only certain characters can perform these and within those characters only certain moves are able to be slide with.

ike's counter and palutena's counter can be canceled from the dash but marth and lucina's counter cannot.
down smash are the most common to be able to canceled
forward tilts and forward smashes completely stop you in place

youtube.com/watch?v=2kmg1LbQD94&index=2&list=UUdkaypEOfaJBiBvTBubGc7w

youtube.com/watch?v=3VUY_RMB6HA&index=3&list=UUdkaypEOfaJBiBvTBubGc7w

youtube.com/watch?v=uZS0kVbJiko&list=UUdkaypEOfaJBiBvTBubGc7w&index=1

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
You can sort of link a video without the ability to post links by posting

youtube.com /watch=<whatever the link is>

Just add a space somewhere

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
These were already known, but it's pretty nice of you for finding out about them on your own.

PKPro

Smash Rookie
These were already known, but it's pretty nice of you for finding out about them on your own.
oh alright i just wanted to put it out there because i havent seen anybody talk about this

PKPro

Smash Rookie
You can sort of link a video without the ability to post links by posting

youtube.com /watch=<whatever the link is>

Just add a space somewhere
Im going to try it out, Thank you for telling me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom