• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I did something rather stupid.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I accidentally deleted the "riivolution" folder from my SD card, and I can't remember what was in it. It contained files for Brawl, that allowed for custom music, and stuff :(

Basically, IIRC, there were XML files, and I'm assuming the riivolution also contained the files to allow Riivolution itself to run, as well as for allowing file replacement?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Bump? Basically, where can I find the XML file (RSBP.xml I assume)? Or don't I need it?

I still have all the data with in the private\wii\apps\RSBP folders, i.e. the actual BRSTMs, and other custom stuff, just nothing in the riivolution folder that actually allows Brawl to be used in Riivolution.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, but that seems to be on the assumption that the entire planet is American, and I can't find any thing for PAL. I want the RSBP not RSBE one.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Newsflash... I'm not American, and I didn't find anything for PAL users. I think all I need is something like RSBP01.xml or something.

player_03

Smash Rookie
In my Riivolution folder, there is a file called modlauncher.xml and a folder called config. The config folder contains another file called RSBE.xml, which contains the settings I selected most recently.
I am 95% sure that the only required one is modlauncher.xml (and it doesn't even have to be called that; you could name it RSBP01.xml or GreenEggsAndHam.xml if you preferred). As long as it's in the riivolution folder and has the correct format, it will work.

Of course, that leads us to the question: what's the right format? Well, in your case, this is probably the one you want. It has one option to enable/disable everything, so it's not as versatile as other options.

If you use that first option, you'll notice that certain files aren't replaced. In that case, simply add "_en" to the end of the file name. For example, "mu_menumain.pac" should be "mu_menumain_en.pac" and "common3.pac" should be "common3_en.pac".

Top Bottom