• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I deleted the files for project m, and now gecko only boots like project m

DoYouRememberLove

Smash Rookie
I had a bunch of skins and stuff then i installed Project M (the wi fi homebrew version) and lost all of them. So then i deleted the project M folder from my sd card, and know every time i start up gecko it looks like the project M install screen. Whenever i boot the game up it looks like regular brawl with the menus and such but it has the stages of project m (melee stages being project m's page 2)

I've tried to edit the GCT, deleted gecko then put it back on my sd card and nothing has worked

please help

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
The background Gecko uses is located in the root of your SD card named "background.png".

The reason why you're getting vBrawl with a Project M styled CSS and SSS is because the 3.0 GCT reads files from "SD:\projectm\pf\" instead of the standard "SD:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf".

Since you deleted the "projectm" folder, there's nothing for the 3.0 GCT to read, which is why it looks like vBrawl.

DoYouRememberLove

Smash Rookie
The background Gecko uses is located in the root of your SD card named "background.png".

The reason why you're getting vBrawl with a Project M styled CSS and SSS is because the 3.0 GCT reads files from "SD:\projectm\pf\" instead of the standard "SD:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf".

Since you deleted the "projectm" folder, there's nothing for the 3.0 GCT to read, which is why it looks like vBrawl.
Thank You very much !

DoYouRememberLove

Smash Rookie
I created a projectm folder in my sdcard and in the projectm folder i copied my pf folder from private in there

I also deleted the gecko background

Now whenever i try to launch brawl through gecko my wii crashes and gives me a black screen

Should i delete my private folder ?

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I think you should just delete all P:M related stuff and redownload the whole package...I know reinstalling the skins and stuff sucks,but that is the easiest solution.

Top Bottom