• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't win the ditto.

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Recently I've lost to Sheiks who are worse than me, just because I don't know how to deal with my own character. Without CGing, what should I be doing? Thanks!

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I personally feel like spacing is the most important thing in the Sheik ditto. They're gonna try to auto-combo you, but if you out-space them, then you can auto-combo them instead.

DI, crouch-cancelling, and spot-dodges I feel are also quite important.

Last edited:

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
Chaingrab them.

CC grab or CC dsmash all of their moves. AC fair spam their shield. Don't drop edgeguards. Chaingrab them.

Kinda hard to answer a vague question like this. Why exactly are you losing?

Sempai

Smash Ace
Because then both people start chaingrabbing, and the match well, becomes very dull.

CG to 90, ftilt, fair. Dead, rinse and repeat. You think Im joking. >.>

Its the "best" way to play the matchup but man is it boring.

But if the other chaingrabs you better be rdy to chaingrab him back.

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
I don't think you're joking, I've played many a chaingrabbing sheik ditto. Also I don't think the ditto with the cg is that boring, also the only stage where the cg would last that long is FD, but yeah I feel you.

I just think people should play with the cg on, but you can do you. :)

Last edited:

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Spotdodge and roll smarter than the opponent, grab, abuse platforms if available for retreating bair, downsmash in situations where they try to cc, spotdodge, or do something similar themselves. Wavedash under ac fair stuff or any kind of jumps, if they aren't falling you can ftilt, shieldgrab everything that isn't a really late nair or an ac fair. Uptilt when you can and they're in the air. Juggling with uair also works. Jab wavedashes forward and other grounded approaches that. Don't dash attack when they can shield, ever. Be smarter recovering and patient edgeguarding.

Top Bottom