• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't play on tourneys...

holymario

Smash Apprentice
In for glory I beat pretty much every enemy I see but sometimes (really rare) I get totally rekt by someone who is just amazingly good. I try to beat them and sometimes I win with my best characters but I lose the majority of fights against what I believe are competetive players. Not top players, just everyday competetive players that go to a tourney and actually have skill. The problem is that they leave after 3 matches or so and I can't really train and learn from them in that time.
I would go to tourneys but I am just 18 and don't have an own car yet. I live in germany in a small city and really nowhere are tourneys that I could reach. (If I can find tourneys at all) Its just frustrating. I don't even know how well I would do in a tourney. Online tourney always have the possibility that it lags and makes fighting impossible. The only tourney I attended was an onine tounament for 3ds I won but I just played against casuals. At least I got smash 4 for WiiU and 2 amiibo's for pretty much no effort at all.
So what should I do? Since I can't play on tourneys I just train to read DI and train some techs on for glory everyday or with my brother and my friend and they also play since melee like me so its actually a good challenge. What would you do in my situation?
btw thx for reading ^^'

Holymario

Last edited:

NTHPlayr

Smash Cadet
NNID
NTH112
I am in a similar page as you except I play PM. But that doesn't matter. If you can try to start a local smash scene in your area. Make sure to find a venue. It can be anywhere. School, an auditorium, the choice is up to you. Advertise your tourny with flyers, tell friends about it, just spread the word. Make sure you have TV's, consoles, and most importantly the game itself. You can find some TV's at a local store. Have others bring their own setup, and bring minor acquirements such as chairs and tables. You don't have to make it like it is EVO or anything, start small. Make sure everything is going well at the tourny and nothing is going wrong at all. Competing with tournament players will help you improve all lot! If you can't afford all this (because it is expensive for all of this) it doesn't have to be a tournament. It can be a smash hangout. This kind of thread would belong in the tournament discussion forum, you can learn more about this kind of topic from there. If there happens to be a tournament in your area then go for it. Its okay if you lose what is most important was that you learned. Sorry if this didn't help or this was not descriptive but this what I would do. I hope this helps in some way.:)

64::falcon64: Melee::falcomelee::marthmelee::sheikmelee: Project M::lucas::falco::sheik::marth: Smash 4::4falco::4sheik:

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
You should try WSGrandPrix. It's an online tourney that uses Twitch on Sunday, Saturday, Wednesday, and Thursday. It's how I started tourneys because I don't have any where I live, and it works. He sets up the tourney and runs it while everyone connects with their opponents and play 1v1s. Afterwards they report back a win or loss and go from there. Lag normally isn't a problem for me, and you won't know how the lag will be unless you at least try it. It's simple, fun, and competitive, and I highly recommend it. You can search "WSGrandPrix" here in smash boards to find out more.

Top Bottom