• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't find good players

gamecubeguy214

Smash Apprentice
I have a friend who's the kind of person who tells me to go easy on him. He tells me not to juggle and he makes a sigh of frustration when I beat him, even on game one. He got annoyed and said "Dylan, stop it" when all I was doing was jumping over his Luigi dash attacks that he kept spamming. It got to the point where I just stopped hitting him and allowed myself to be comboed, and it took a few matches for him to finally notice it and say "You are literally becoming a human Sandbag." That's one guy. My brother is someone I consistently beat if I play him at all. He once got so mad that he threw his controller on the floor when I did a Mewtwo foreword throw on him, resulting in my win. It doesn't seem to matter what character I play, I just beat him almost every time. I'm so much better than him that he doesn't let me play my best character, PAC-MAN in this case. He only lets me play him once in a session of playing and he impaired my skills with PAC-MAN. He gave me a grabby playstyle and to this day I'm still a grabby PAC-MAN, which is not good, considering PAC-MAN has arguably the worst grab in the game. Last but not least, I made a club in my school where we play eight player smash, play on big stages, and have the smash ball on. In my club there are people who don't know how to up B to recover, which gives you an idea on how bad these players are. The only good player I know in there is someone who plays black Yoshi, and I give props to him. Now the best player I've played in the same room was my cousin who used Ness and I got bodied. He was with me when I first picked PAC-MAN up, which was when I didn't know how to up B to recover. It was like in a TV show where a villain gained much more power over the last hundred episodes and things he can defeat the good guy but he can't. But anyway, it's hard for me to find good players in real life and I don't want to have to play For Glory to gain skill. My mother says that I have to wait until summer to go to weeklies, but I don't know if they do weeklies in the summer. If not, how else can I find better players?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
idk where you live so I can't help you with the weekly part, but I believe that there's a NNID sharing area on here where you can play aganist somebody on here. And as Trieste SP Trieste SP stated above, smash/anther's ladder is good too.

Additionally, most of the character discords have a friendlies section where you can play other people and get critique if you want to. The link is https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IzSwY6yBzOqGd3yaoqjj7ZJ18TsLDj65_VWMMMK_E1o/ but you have to make an account on discord first.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If you're trying to find someone to play against, you might want to head to the online discussion forum for that.

zzmorg82

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch FC
2476 2506 3411
As a side note to the other responses, I don't think your brother should be playing this game if he gets mad to the point of throwing a controller once he loses. It's one thing to go easy on him and use a character you're not familiar with, but it's another to get overly fustrated when someone is beating you badly.

gamecubeguy214

Smash Apprentice
As a side note to the other responses, I don't think your brother should be playing this game if he gets mad to the point of throwing a controller once he loses. It's one thing to go easy on him and use a character you're not familiar with, but it's another to get overly fustrated when someone is beating you badly.
Yea, and now he doesn't play Smash with me anymore and claims that I "ruined Smash for him" because my play style is annoying. What a baby. And he three years older than me.

Top Bottom