• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Can't Control It: Dark Palutena moveset combination

KatKit

Smash Lord
So I saw brief descriptions for all of Palutena's special moves, and they're all great. She really caters to every kind of play style, and that's awesome. Though one particular (unorthodox) combination of special moves really stood out to me, and that is what this topic is about. Regardless of how good the combination of these 4 special customizable moves are (or not), I'm going to use them, and I encourage others like you - yes, even YOU, person who skimmed through this - to try this out at least once. I will explain momentarily. It will all make sense.

Anyways, counters are nifty and reflectors do their thing, but that ain't what this is about. This is about the road less traveled.

Teleportation + Lighten + Explosive Flame + Super Dash = Dark Phoenix Palutena. Use a red or black palette swap as an added bonus.

Together, these 4 special moves (and palette swap) will produce a fragile speedster that teleports, air dashes, and creates fiery explosions.

The Goddess of Light just got a bit darker.

Now please excuse me while I create hilarious fanart for the uncanny (yes, pun intended) similarities between the two.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
You should see these.

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/201...alina-luma-little-mac-and-wii-fit-trainer-01/

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/201...alina-luma-little-mac-and-wii-fit-trainer-02/

These are scans showing all of Palutena's specials, I'm willing to believe that the ones marked as "Special (1)" are her defaults, that said we're looking at this.

Neutral special: Auto aim
Forward special: Reflect
Down special: Counter
Up special: Teliport.

So considering the fact that she not only has a teliport but both a counter AND a reflect option so if these are her defaults then we're looking at an extremely lethal defensive fighter.

Also I do agree that custom moves should be given a chance at least once but you gotta understand that not everyone is willing to get used to a character's default play style and the same character's custom play style because let's say you spent a year playing with a custom Palutena in just local play, you can't use that custom Palutena online so the one time you decide to go online you're likely to get bidoied because you spent so long using custom moves that you forgot how the defaults work and that's not something many are willing to deal with, I will be one of the few who will because first of it'll probably be useful for the sake of Smash Run, and two...I wanna customize my Megaman so bad because it'd remind me of Wily Wars where you can equip any combination of robot master powers from Megaman 1, 2 and 3.

Top Bottom