• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't beat my friend as Wario

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
He literally only uses the b moves but his policy is offence is the best defense and thus he never, ever, stops attacking. I play at a competitive level (wavedashing and such) and I'm good enough to know how much I don't know. He thinks he is better than me because of this. Advice?

Attachments

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Your friend is playing Wario? Or you are? Either I'm missing something, or this isn't really clear and I can't tell which you are talking about. Depending on which one, it would change how this question is answered.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
A ton of aerials beat out Wario's side-b that you can use when you see it coming, depending on what character you yourself are playing. An easy example would to use marth and just space a fair or f-smash.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Alternatively, Shoulder Bash is pretty bad on shield. You can totally shield it and just hit or grab him.

But if you play Marth, you should just dashdance more and grab, you can get a lot off of a grab, and your grab beats Wario's Forward-B cleanly.

Last edited:

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Reflex is right in saying it's bad on shield, but something to keep in mind when shielding against his side b is that he can mix it up with his dash grab, which looks just like his side b. So its not always a good idea to hold shield on every attempt.

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
That's a good point wouldn't want to get predictable :p I also play Samus and I can grab his ass from Alaska so that's a thing.

Top Bottom