• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can Stage Scar 100% of the time...and do it on Final D

VormavPrime

Smash Cadet
Okay now that I got your attention. I did manage to scar the side of final D and make it all the way on. True if you do it too low you get caught under the lip but this will help out many of you having trouble with Stage Scarring.

Most of you know this already I am sure but I havent seen a thread on it so I figure since I come here to learn I might as well share. If you hold down after doing Up B you will not grab the ledge. It works with Wolf Flash too of course.

As you do Wolf Flash to get back onto the ledge or to scar if you hold down immediatly after doing it you will scar every time from pretty much any distance. Since you dont grab the ledge you will always go all the way on. I was able to Scar at multiple positions on the ledge and when I tried it on Final. I can even go through Final's ledge and hit someone as Im getting on.

I was going to make a video but I am lazy. Try it yourself.

I would like to Thank HERO from Lancaster at Bases Tournament for telling bout the holding down to not grab the ledge. I merely took that idea and applied it to Wolf Flash.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
a video would be nice since as far as I know this is not common knowledge and it would be a lot more believable that way. If it really does work, nice find.

VormavPrime

Smash Cadet
I will try n get a video of it up. But yah you actually "ScaR" through part of the Final D stage. It is actually quite easy to do. Once you get it down its pretty much a sure thing. Makes scarring easier in many ways.

Kikuichimonji

Smash Apprentice
...this isn't common knowledge? I knew something that wasn't common knowledge about a character that I don't main? I just figured it wasn't considered scarring unless you didn't have to hold down. But yeah, VormavPrime is right. It's easily done in training if you don't believe it.

I always hold down when I stage scar, just in case I messed up the distance a bit. Obviously it's a good mindgame to use to deter them from trying to ledgeguard you even when you actually do plan to grab the ledge.

Top Bottom