• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can beat my friend unless he’s mega man

Jpb085

Smash Rookie
Ok so, My friend and I play smash All the time and we are pretty evenly matched... unless it’s a battle of our mains. I play as Bowser he plays as Mega man. If we are playing as just any caracter I win pretty much any match. So you would think even if he is better it would at least be close... but it’s not. It feels like there is no possible way to get in on MM. It is always total annihilation. I mean either a 3 stock or 2 stock every time. I have no landing options agains him or anything. Am I the only Bowser main that has this much trouble against MM?

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
It depends on how you're fading, using your aerial resources for recovery, and how willing you are to escape to ledge and aim for a reset. In general, Bowser does not have a strong mix-up game for landing. If you get put in disadvantage, you can expect to take a lot of free damage. What's troublesome is that you make it sound like your friend knows how to kill you off any exchange in disadvantage. If that's the case, you need to continue practicing escaping to ledge or patiently fading out with a retreating FAir. Use video references for how you can do these things. Here's one with LeoN from back in 2019.

Without seeing and knowing what your friend likes to go for, I'm afraid this type of general help is all you can expect to get. Good luck.

Top Bottom