• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Belive..

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
That Kirby is getting very popular now... He has one of the top 10 thread counts... if that counts for anything. This isnt good news for me, i had always hoped Kirby would be only semi-popular, or not popular at all...

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Well as a fellow Kirby main, I don't like this either. But I have seen a lot of spam around this forum from our Star Warriors thread and stuff. This doesn't really mean that other people are going to main him though.

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
Well as a fellow Kirby main, I don't like this either. But I have seen a lot of spam around this forum from our Star Warriors thread and stuff. This doesn't really mean that other people are going to main him though.
I agree, There has been a lot of spam recently. However you have to take in consideration Smash Boards is experiencing a large influx in people currently, due to Brawl being 1 week away.

Once people realize that Kirby (and SSB) take skills to use and be good with people will start leaving and we will be left with a board with a lack of people like we had in Melee.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I agree, There has been a lot of spam recently. However you have to take in consideration Smash Boards is experiencing a large influx in people currently, due to Brawl being 1 week away.

Once people realize that Kirby (and SSB) take skills to use and be good with people will start leaving and we will be left with a board with a lack of people like we had in Melee.
It's only when a game comes out when people of lower level will play. I bet over half of the community will leave. If you haven't noticed a large percentage of people on smash boards are people with innactive low post count accounts. But good statement. I'm sure we'll have a little community of Kirbies, but not a whole school of them. Good statement there though.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
No one who mains older characters really has to worry about their character getting too popular as most of the Brawl n00bs only care about the new characters. If you go check out the "who will you main" poll, every newcomer is ahead of every veteran, and Kirby isn't even one of the more popular veterans as he was trash in melee and people just sort of ignore him for it.

Zek

Smash Ace
Kirby has always been popular, he just wasn't played much in Melee because he sucked.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Or us Kirby mains are more active around here than the other guys... :laugh:

But seriously, Kirby getting buffed means more people will be willing to use him, be it Smash rookies or anyone else.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
The thought just ran through my little head of mine, but yes. Kirby has been pretty popular for this game of Brawl. Infact, he's so popular so many people with use him. But that fact doesn't mean that so many more experienced Kirby players can use him. I bet only a fraction of all Kirby players will be pretty amazing with him. I for one will be out of the fraction, because I suck terribly at this game. ;D

Top Bottom