• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am pure **** at smash bros and seek tips to improve my spacing and dodging game.

Terumi

Smash Cadet
NNID
TerumixKokonoe
3DS FC
0104-2953-8205
Yeah I have no problem otherwise. I can't ever read my opponent even if they suck more than me they're spacing and dodging skills are always better than me at it. I need helping knowing how to improve I'm sick of being pure **** at any game I try. Feels ****ty for one to play games his whole life can never get good at one.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Hey again Terumi, good to see ya again lol. As for as advice goes, for spacing I'd recommend mastering the range of your attacks. Once you understand that try getting a general idea of your opponents attack range.

Knowing your enemy is half the battle and can make things a lot easier to comprehend and overall easier to win. As for as dodging goes rolling in my honest opinion is a terrible option that should be used sparingly.

Shielding and spot dodging are far better options that will get you less punished. It's important to observe how your opponent reacts in different situations.

For example, if you jump towards your opponent to attack and they shield every time you'll wanna mix it up. In that situation you'd want to empty short hop into a grab and capitalize.

If your opponent rolls a lot predict where they'll roll and time your smash attacks to land on them (Down Smashing to counter rolling is an option but it's not always reliable).

It takes time to understand and master all these things so don't take it too hard on yourself. No ones a professional overnight after reading a guide.

Terumi

Smash Cadet
NNID
TerumixKokonoe
3DS FC
0104-2953-8205
Yeah I tend to roll way to much which I need to stop that. I'll try just spot on roll dodging. I'm using Lucina,Ryu, and Ganondorf. I should look up guides or gameplay to see what to do right. I also as send tend to always after being hit to roll towards the enemy rather than mix it up.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
That's definitively a bad habit you should work on. Rolling into attacks can easily rack up damage on yourself or even kill you. All three of those characters you revolve around weaving and looking for openings.

Patience is a golden in Smash and is key to winning a lot of match ups in general.

Top Bottom