• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am my own greatest enemy...

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else finding they're killing themselves a LOT with Meta Knight?

Maybe I'm being too reliant on my specials, but a lot of the time I'm just losing stocks to a whiffed side-b or a slightly misaimed down-b close to the ledge... This was even more apparant when I was playing against a Dedede today who spammed his Gordos and Inhale near the ledge. The only attacks that I found could trump his inhale were side and down-b, but both of them got me killed a lot because of a single windbox pushing me offstage, and out of Dedede's hurtbox before the Inhale got canceled, making my side-b continue without hitting him more than once. The stupid windbox also prevented me from spacing it so it would end before the ledge, making the move either miss or me fly off the stage again.

How do you guys deals with people that stand right on the ledge and spam stuff at you? I tried dash attacks/grabs, but they're really easily stopped by some stupid projectiles like Falcos laser. My most reliable approaches against these kinds of spam are normally down and side-b, but these cost me a stock if messed up.

Maybe I just need to practise more. I'm killing myself a lot with Meta Knight and was wondering if I'm the only one failing this hilariously with him. I can only imagine the amount of embarassing replays of me out there.

Besides my suicidal tendencies I'm loving Meta Knight though, he feels pretty balanced in the new patch, and I haven't struggled against any particular characters or playstyles yet. There's some problems with people that play safe, but the characters that allow them to do that can't punish as hard as Meta Knight. Except maybe Lucario, anyone play against good Lucarios yet?

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
full hop over them and dair or if you have enough time tornado. you can dash and shield into some projectiles as well.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Well people that spam can't exactly hit you when you are over their head and you have a lot of jumps. Occasionally I will misjudge a Drill Rush and helplessly fall to my doom. Otherwise I keep moving, keep my opponent guessing and punish them for mistakes.

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the tips guys, I'll definitely give Dairs a shot, I don't think I've ever used them to approach an opponent at all. Might be just what I need!

Top Bottom