• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HUH? hmm..

j3ly

Smash Champion
HOLD THE **** ON..

i was just playing against a lvl 1 CPU, was testing out how forward B replaces Jab (very well actually, will put that in my other post too), and i swear to god - my eyes did not decieve me, as i jumped, i over B'd and the move sent me str8 back down to the ground.

I dont think its possible to concel Forward B's lag cause u can only cancel moves which have an animation exclusive to the air, and Roys forward B is the same on the ground as it is in the air. Then again its hardly got any lag neway ^

so yeah uhm, anyone else ever noticed this, i am new to Roy, and dont know alot of the obscurities yet.

EDIT:
Ok, i just worked out what i did, i full hopped, Over B'd, then over B'd as i landed so there was no lift on the second Forward B. however i just learned something cool - forward B is super fast, has super great priority and 2 can be fitted into 1 sh!!

AprilShaw

aka Logan
The first time you foward B you get lift, and after that you do not. It resets when you hit the ground while not in an aerial animation (so, hitting it normally, hitting it during free fall (i think), or hitting it during an air dodge/wavedash animation). What happened was it wasn't reset so it cancelled your momentum and sent you back to the ground :p

Top Bottom