• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Huge Header Mystery

⑨ball

Smash Ace
This is still a hypothesis but I believe header damage is determined acceleration. To keep it simple, the ball fell from on high with no air resistance allowing it's velocity to constantly increase, resulting in higher damage/knockback.

You should be able to easily recreate this by testing in training with a bunnyhood.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
This is still a hypothesis but I believe header damage is determined acceleration. To keep it simple, the ball fell from on high with no air resistance allowing it's velocity to constantly increase, resulting in higher damage/knockback.

You should be able to easily recreate this by testing in training with a bunnyhood.
That would explain why Heavy Header does a bunch of damage and Huge Header does beans for damage. :)

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
Heavy does a ton of damage if used from a high place if i'm not wrong
It does 9% close i think, and close to 13-14% at max, with good ko power.

Top Bottom