• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

html and making a site

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Hey, I plan on making a site dedicated to Brawl, and will turn it into a huge thing once the game is actually out. I would like some help with someone who knows html good to help with designing a layout for the whole site. PM me. Thanks.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
What exactly would this site hold? Character profiles? Player guides? Screenshots? How can you guarantee that it will "turn into a huge thing"? What will draw people back for more? What will keep it new and interesting?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The overall layout doesn't look too bad. The first big step I'd take is change the font from Times New Roman. You need to give the site a unique look. Sticking with TNR gives it too much of a home-made feel and doesn't really hold my attention. Don't choose anything too radical or hard to read; just make it different.

Ac35Full701

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, not bad. I like the idea of having the character profile shots lining the right..but it's all so simple. Do you know complex html/css?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I planned on changing the character profiles to actual links when you click on each character's pictures.

No, I don't know complex html or css. I leanred what I could about html in a few hours and just went with it. If anyone does know complex html or css, PM mer and maybe you could help out with the site or some of the coding.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot, the site that I launched can be reached here:

www.brawlcentral.com

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I have several dozen ideas for improving this site. It's a good start. If you want my assistance, let me know.

Top Bottom