• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How's my Falco? [Video]

GenNyan

Smash Ace
Don't just throw out smash attacks. I'd recommend going cold turkey and not using any smash attacks for a little while so that you get used to not relying on them. You also got stuck on the platform a fair bit in the beginning, work on being able to go through them. The suicide dair was... well... just what were you thinking? You really just need to practice more, with players who can punish your bad habits especially.

Edit: You listed "wait" as one of your problems. If you meant that you need to wait less, then you were right. You delayed a ton in between basically every attack. You'd kinda just stand there after each attack.

Last edited:

PineTree2.0

Smash Cadet
The suicide dair was... well... just what were you thinking?
I honestly just did that because I knew I was going to lose the match, and just wanted to get a stock off. This is a friendly by the way.

Last edited:

GenNyan

Smash Ace
I honestly just did that because I knew I was going to lose the match, and just wanted to get a stock off. This is a friendly by the way.
Yeah but he was so low that he would have died anyway. Also you should start the dair later so that he has less time to react (if you're going for a kamikaze, doing it early can be advantageous if you're in a position to recover afterwards; generally using your double jump with a rising dair is the best option though).

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Yeah, I honestly think you've just got to practice more. It kinda looked like you were trying to play low-level sm4sh, to be honest, with the amount of rolling and random smash attacks you were doing. When in the neutral game, you could've moved around a lot more and you missed out on a lot of safe lasers. Try to work on your spacing and fundamental understanding of the combo game, too, those seemed really lacking. Also... I really didn't think that the Marth's performance was amazing, either. Just keep practicing.

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
I agree that suicide wasn't the best idea. He was way too deep to make it back
Your use of smash attacks is a bad habit. I don't know about completely going cold turkey but focus on limiting your use of smashes. Work on your movement, you rarely did any of the basic movement tech at all. The key to getting comfortable with them is to practice it often. I'm still a little bad on my waveshines, but eventually it does become natural and you can do it easily.
Also working on spacing is always paramount, alot of wiffed grabs and such on this one.

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
Excessive use of downsmash and rolling right into attacks. It's still a pretty solid Falco though. Lasers are more of a play style thing then a necessity, especially on FoD.

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
Basic techskill such as L-canceling is the first thing u have to learn. Wavedashing and short hop lasers should be ur focus after that. There isn't any help that u can get without having those techniques down.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
L+R+A+Start, plz pick a new character.
That was 100% unnecessary. It has nothing to do with what character he's using and everything to do with the fact that he's new to the game. Everybody started out without any sense of fundamentals and had their own weird ways of trying to get kills.

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah man not cool.
We've all got to start somewhere. Even the Gods had periods when they were scrubs. It's not Falco, it's the player.

Top Bottom