• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How's my D3?

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
So I started using Dedede recently, for whatever reason, like just screwing around one game. I liked his playstyle so I've started to use him a bit more. I got this vid of me and a friend and I'd like to see what you guys think of him. Be critical, please. Don't sugarcoat anything; I'd really like to get better with Dedede.

http://files.filefront.com/Bro+Vs+Gen+1mpg/;10741295;/fileinfo.html

Also, this was my first match of they day, so in the beginning I kinda sucked. I got better towards the end. XP

whut?

Smash Journeyman
and I'd like to see what you guys think of him. Be critical, please. Don't sugarcoat anything; I'd really like to get better with Dedede.
at first i was preparing to help you after watching, with a breakdown of everything you did.
except i cant, the video has no way to measure time, i cant say "at 2:33" or whatever.
if you upload this to youtube or something i(+probably others) could help more.
I guess i could say dont be so ground based against TL, and dont be defensive against projectile characters, but i cant help unless you upload it to a better site.

M4Dd0g

Smash Rookie
use more throws, they're ddd's quickest attacks to hit with
use short hop rars with b airs -- ALOT
ftilt is a good spacer
up tilt is a good finisher - if you get the opportunity to use it
up special should not be used offensively at all, pretty much only for recovery
ddd's smashes are HIGHLY punishable, use them with much frugality

that's about it for now, maybe i'll add more later

good luck and happy smashing :)

Top Bottom