• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HowDoIDoTheThing: Shakunetsu Hadouken

HowDoIDoTheThing

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to do it on my 3DS, I see people doing it without even moving their Character! Ryu's inputs are too damn hard.

BibbledyJello

Smash Cadet
NNID
gwitherspoon5
3DS FC
0962-9185-6296
Well, first off: Welcome to SmashBoards!
I agree with you! If you don't have experience with Street Fighter it is like i can't even.. (I played Street Fighter once, but I still sucked)
I usually have to try it and fail a bazillion times in one match (which is certainly not helpful competitively)
I assume you know it's all the directions on half of your Circle Pad, from the direction behind your character (It swaps depending on which way they're facing) but assuming your Ryu is facing left: Left, Down-Left, Down, Down-Right, Right.
When I do pull it off, it looks like Ryu turns around for a split second on the Back input, then turns back around.
If you still can't do it (I don't blame you) just give up and use the regular Hadoken. The damage increase isn't totally mandatory, but the cool thing about the Shakunetse Hadoken is that it beats out other projectiles when the regular Hadoken can't, because it hits multiple times.
So that's my 2 cents. BTW, I use the 3DS version too. And I own the Wii U version. I am just in love with the New 3DS XL's Circle Pad. Nothing else compares!

CaP_Omega

Smash Apprentice
Slide the control stick to every directional input quickly and SMASH!
:GCL::GCDL::GCD::GCDR::GCR: :GCA: (facing right)
SHAKANETSU HADOUKEN

DestinNotDustin

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5172-3310-2014
Sorry, when I said Dash Dance, I meant "Perfect Pivot."
Pefect Pivot, then press B. Red Fireball should come out. If the Pivot is too slow (when Ryu has one hand and knee on the ground), then Hurricane Kick will activate instead.

DestinNotDustin

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5172-3310-2014
Honestly, it is simpler to practice the HCF + B motion than the Perfect Pivot shortcut. Ryu's special moves takes practice. Don't give up :'-(

Last edited:

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
You can do it with a negative edge buffer. Do a move of some kind, then start to hold A. Quickly (and I mean quickly) perform the half circle forward motion and release the button. You'll fire one without moving. I like to do this buffered after a spotdodge, although a hard dtilt is nice, since it combos into the hadouken on hit and doesn't have much lag.

Top Bottom