• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would you rate each of robin's moves?

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
Template:
Smash Attacks:
Forward smash-
down smash-
up smash-

Tilts:
forward tilt-
down tilt-
up tilt-

Aerials:
up aerial-

down aerial-
forward aerial-
neutral aerial-
Back aerial-
Grabs:
up grab-

down grab-
back grab-
forward grab-
pummel-
Specials:
Arcfire-
Thunder-
elwind-
Nosferatu-

etc:
jab-

Last words-

Edit: thanks laggalot101!

Last edited:

elegyempty

Smash Rookie
Smash Attacks:
f-smash- too hard to hit with unless you get a disgustingly good read
d-smash- nice
u-smash- the move I use by accident instead of u-tilt

Tilts:
f-tilt- keep away
d-tilt- keep away, but worse and safer
u-tilt- the move I try to use but use u-smash instead

Aerials:
u-air- n i c e
d-air- the cool meteor
f-air- the "F" stands for "follow up to Arcfire"
n-air- the gimp move I always whiff

Grabs:
u-throw- whoops
d-throw- yeah nice time to u-air
b-throw- you're at 170% because I'm bad at this videogame
f-throw- whoops

Specials:
Arcfire- tome factory
Thunder- Didn't have time to charge to Elthunder
Elthunder- Had time to charge to Elthunder
Arcthunder- yeah nice time to grab
Thoron- The Roll Destroyer
Elwind- the uncool meteor
Nosferatu- "YEAH COMEBACK TIME!"

etc:
Fire Jab- Fantasy
Wind Jab- Reality

Last words-
we don't talk about the pummel

Last edited:

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
Smash Attacks:
Forward smash- please hit!
down smash- ugh that startup/ending lag
up smash- oh so close!

Tilts:
forward tilt- stay away!
down tilt- rarely use
up tilt- i meant up smash but good thing i didn't use the up smash!

Aerials:
up aerial- yes
down aerial- ok
forward aerial- yes
neutral aerial- yes
Back aerial- nice when it works sometimes i miss where the hitbox is.

Grabs:
up grab- can this kill?
down grab- lets see if i can make a combo out of this.
back grab- hes gotta be dead now
forward grab- noo...well maybe i can try to grab him while hes up in the air dodging like crazy.
Pummel- 1..2.....3 oh wait noooo! "opponent leaves grab"

Specials:
Arcfire- arcfire, arcfire, ARCFIRE!- i use it a lot
Thunder- charging to elthunder, arcthunder or moron.
elwind- spike!
Nosferatu- i got you now! :evil:

etc:
jab- the wind one is bad but the fire one is amazing.

Last words-
robin= fun

Last edited:

Laggalot101

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-6741-7161
Template:
Smash Attacks:
Forward smash- Only use if you have an easy punish, or as a pivot smash if you get a really hard read.
down smash- Best smash by far. Catches rolls, long-lasting hitbox, and covers the ledge.
up smash- I almost never use this, actually. I really don't see a reason not to use up-tilt or a Levin aerial over this move in almost every case. Between its poor range and low speed, I struggle to find any way to justify the use of this move outside of things like punishing Sonic's homing attack.

Tilts:
forward tilt- Good spacing tool, decent get-off-me move. Has a blindspot right next to Robin though. But for that you have...
down tilt- This move. Has no blindspot and is very quick and safe in use.
up tilt- Very tight hitbox. Should only be used against opponent directly above you that cannot retaliate easily. Can juggle heavies, though.

Aerials:
up aerial- Bronze is alright, but Levin is absolutely amazing. Use this liberally. It's quick, it's got amazing range, it autocancels, and its great at keeping foes airborne.
down aerial- Use very sparingly. Only if you know you can get a Meteor KO, IMO. NEVER LAND WITH THIS MOVE! It has far too much landing lag.
forward aerial- Pretty good. Fairly standard for a Fair. Quite powerful. Don't know if it really combo's at low %, but it can allow for follow-ups nonetheless. Good knockback.
Back aerial- YOU FORGOT THIS ONE, STRIDER! *ahem* Anyway, this move is pretty good as well. It's a bit more difficult to land, but I feel like it hits lower and quicker, so I prefer it for spacing. Deals very good knockback as well.
neutral aerial- Really good. Great for spacing (main spacing move in my opinion), due to deceptive range and it autocancels out of a shorthop without fastfall. It's also quite quick, and the hit on the back means it can catch rolls. or even the occasional airdodge. Excellent move for edgeguarding due to horizontal knockback! I use this move very often. Not for approaching, though.

Grabs:
up grab- Is alright. Deals decent damage and can allow follow-ups.
down grab- Slightly easier follow-up for less damage.
back grab- Best throw all-round. Best knockback and damage, great for creating space as well.
forward grab- Only for pushing opponent off the stage.
Pummel- You also forgot this one, but that's acceptable because the pummel is terrible. Just don't use it.

Specials:
Arcfire- Use liberally in most match-ups. I'm personally a big fan of pivot arcfires. Catches a lot of people off guard. Won't get reflected back in your face either, so it's relatively safe as well.
Thunder- I mix up my thunder spells between mainly Arcthunder and Thoron. Occasionally throw out an Elthunder, because it's often unexpected. Good for KO's. Thoron is key against projectile heavy opponents.
elwind- Good recovery, very good spike, but also very easily guarded. Landing is very punishable.
Nosferatu- For mix-up approaches, sometimes even for stage get-ups or catching the opponents landing. Heck, you can even catch 'em out of the Arc spells.

etc:
jab- Really good out-of-shield option. Quick, safe, and does decent damage. I almost always end with Fire. Occasionally with wind if I know it's safe. Wind IS stronger.

Last words- a tip: hold the A button while jabbing (assuming you hit) to always end with Fire.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Smash Attacks:
Forward smash- 11
down smash- 10
up smash- 4

Tilts:
forward tilt- 10
down tilt- 6
up tilt- 4

Aerials:
SUPAIR- 13
down aerial- 3
forward aerial- 12
neutral aerial- 11
Back aerial- 12
Grabs:
up grab- 1
down grab- 5
back grab- 9
forward grab- 2
pummel- 0
Specials:
Arcfire- 11
Thunder- 10
elwind- 8
Nosferatu- 9

etc:
jab- 9

Last words- "..."

Silverfox117

Smash Apprentice
Smash attacks
1.Down Smash
2.Forward Smash
3.Poop Smash

Tilts
1.Forward Tilt
2.Down tilt.
3.Stupid hit box tilt

Aerials
1.U-air
2.Stupid fast and stupid strong air
3.Fair
4.lol those hit boxes and end lag air

Grabs
1.Back throw
2.Down throw
3.Ew(Forward throw)
4.EW(up throw)

Specials
1.Bread and Butter(Arcfire)
2.Archthunder(kill combos at 90 percent very reliable at close range not used enough. frame trap)
3.Elthunder(Very reliable and fast and easy to charge)
4.Elwind(practice makes perfect Hit boxes cover edge. Literally practiced hours and now can spike anyone using recovery.)
5.Thoron(Fast and covers stage. Doesn't do enough damage or kills really late. 130 percent+ without di is not excusable, and can be Di'd on the floor and tech'd.)
6.Nosferatu(heals gets grabs and does 15 percent which is great for a grab.)
7.lol pea cannon thunder.

jabs
fire jab only one worth using.
What is the other jab. XD

Demonstormkill

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-6919-7589
Smash Attacks:

Forward smash- Absurd killing power, but unsafe, requires a hard read. Not a great move overall. You can make this much safer by using your last levin sword attack for it: the ejected sword makes punishment harder.

Down smash- Also very strong with a huge hitbox, lots of pushback on shield and lots of lingering sparks at the edges. Significantly safer than f-smash, but the diagonal knockback angle isn't as good. Robin's best smash overall.

Up smash- This move really stands out as weak compared to the rest of Robin's moveset. D-smash kills off the top at only slightly higher %. Uair has about the same power, is infinitely safer and easier to hit with. It doesn't seem that important, because you can cover the weakness of this move with other options, but u-smash is mostly useless.

Tilts:

Forward tilt- The horizontal direction of the knockback is good, and startup is fairly quick. The disjoint on this type of move is worth a lot, but I still dislike this move since the damage is low and it's not very safe. Because of the overall weakness of this move in terms of range, damage, end lag and kill power, Robin (presumably by design) is generally at a disadvantage against opponents standing close in front of her.

Down tilt- Quite a good move, though it's lack of range ensures that it can't replace a proper f-tilt. The main function of this move is to let Robin play defensive mindgames. It can be safely used anytime you're not in range of an attack. It discourages grounded rushdown. Because of dtilt, opponents have to distinguish that other moves you throw out are not dtilt, since that's the only grounded action (besides charge thunder) fast characters can't punish on reaction when anticipating a grounded move (ftilt is at least very bad whiffed).

Up tilt- Very light knockback and a fairly long-lasting hitbox make u-tilt ideal for juggles. Meshes well with U-air, D-throw. Usually only useful in one string per stock at most. Not sure if it's useful for ledge traps.

Aerials:

Up aerial- Stupid good. Always good, beats everything but Rosalina's or Villager's d-air (not sure which versions). One of the best moves in the game. Land with it, rise with it, recover with it, follow up with it, threaten it.

Down aerial- Underrated. Very powerful meteor. High shield stun/pushback on main hitbox, late d-air seems to be totally overlooked as an option. While it requires good foresight and spacing to hit late, it can be done fairly safely, and the soft knockback leads to easy followups at mid-high percents. Additionally, this move is fantastic for horizontal kills when spaced correctly. D-air's flat knockback is vastly better than f-air's diagonal KB when you need a kill; the positioning of a living opponent is much worse, and it outright kills almost 10% earlier without DI. Often if you jump into your opponent and expect a trade, a correctly timed d-air will hit them horizontally out of their extended hurtbox assuming their attack isn't too disjointed. A very rare move in that it can hit forwards, backwards, or down depending on the timing. A situational move, difficult to master but powerful when applied properly.

Forward aerial- Leads into itself, very disjointed and beats just about anything when diagonally below the opponent. Sets up for more juggles. Good KB but the angle is too high. Bronze version is very useful for gimps and strings.

Back aerial- A very safe kill move. Good to get in the habit of being able to rar into this out of arcfire, though it's easier to get out of than a u-air or f-air follow up if the arcfire didn't trap them particularly well. This move is a big factor in Robin's matchups as the height of her opponent plays a big part in determining how easy it is to land b-air and thus get kills.

Neutral aerial- Spacing and gimping tool.

Grab:

Up throw- I don't use it much. Outside of surprise value I don't see the point. D-throw is the better setup.

Down throw- The better setup.

Back throw- 11%, stage control, thunder charge time, kills depending on the stage.

Forward throw- For throwing the opponent offstage.

Pummel- I want to get used to using this but I haven't. You have to know the %s for both 1 and 2 pummels. Obviously Robin's pummel is absolutely terrible.

Specials:

Arcfire- Amazing, I like it more than U-air. Across all matchups you have to get used to how much arcfire is appropriate as it differs per opponent. The source of a lot of our damage and kills. Zones and buys time for charging thunder.

Thunder- Thunder- Spacing tool. Can break up an opponent's zoning. An option to cover recovery.

ElThunder- The standard projectile. The go-to for punishing landings and any unsafe action at a distance.
Throw some out to keep rushdown characters honest.

Arcthunder- Combos. Into f-smash, for example. Useful for catching/trapping recoveries. Allows a throw on block. Doesn't have to hit the opponent directly to catch them in the explosion.

Thoron- Punishing tool. Pressures the opponent when charged. Used offstage = SD unless very high. Threatens opponents when they're in the magnifying glass near the horizontal blast zone.

Elwind- Leaves you very open to attacks around the ledge. Provides a threat to opponents if they go after you aggressively offstage. First blast spikes and second one has diagonal KB, can stagespike. The spike is pretty easy to land and doesn't usually leave you vulnerable if missed. Possible to land onstage after the first blast, canceling the second upward boost and allowing a quicker recovery.

Nosferatu- Use sparingly, with a good read. High risk/reward. Can aerially catch opponents out of their extended hurtbox if you can coax them to misspace an aerial. If you predict air dodge after down throw you can land this. Can combo out of ArcMagic.

etc:

jab- Wind jab- Usually unsafe, can be escaped. Usable when you know it can't (heavies, low%, fast-fallers).
Pretty good kill power if you get the last hit.

Fire jab- Less safe than most jabs, but very good KB. A quick kill move not to be overlooked. Useful for sending opponents offstage too, esp. Little Mac.

Last words- I have so much fun playing Robin! It's pretty cool how she really does seem to be capable of and require strategic adaptation to different situtations. She can more or less defend herself and has incredible kill power and damaging combos and strings. Your two blind spots are at point-blank range, and outside ftilt range. Good Robin play is always dynamic and her strong defensive toolset forces opponents to vary their aggression as they aim to exploit these zones.

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Smash Attacks:
Forward smash- 3/10. One of Robin's worst moves. Inferior to DSmash in almost every way.
down smash- 8/10. This thing is so freaking strong.
up smash- 5/10. Okay for a read after a throw.

Tilts:
forward tilt- 7/10. Decent.
down tilt- 9/10. Great "get off me" attack.
up tilt- 1/10. This thing is just terrible.

Aerials:
up aerial- Broken(10)/10 - Best move she has, easily. This is Robin's B&B.
down aerial- 8/10. One of the best Spikes in the game.
forward aerial- 6/10. Good.
neutral aerial- 8/10. Really good range.
Back aerial- 9/10. Brawl D3 levels of amazing. In case you didn't notice, Robin's (LS) aerials are amazing.
Grabs:
up grab- 5/10. Good for read combos at low %.
down grab- 7/10. This does what UThrow does after UThrow can't anymore.
back grab- 8/10. Suprisingly powerful.
forward grab- 3/10. I never use this thing.
pummel- 3/10. Pretty slow, poor pummel.
Specials:
Arcfire- 9/10. This is how you combo as Robin. This is how you zone as Robin. This is B&B part 2. Only held back by limited usage.
Thunder- 9/10. The most versatile projectile in the game, easily.
elwind- 8/10. Solid recovery that spikes. Nice.
Nosferatu- 0/10. Can you even hit with this thing? It's so bad if you whiff too.

etc:
jab- 8/10. Really good Jab.
Levin Sword(item) - 7/10. Good damage.
Books - 10/10. These things KO so early. They're amazing.

Last words- Robin may be slow as molasses, but being a ranged swordsman makes her an amazing zoner with great offense. Aerials are all great, ESPECIALLY UAir, tilts are solid, grab game is really bad, jab is great, and DSmash is great.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
Smash Attacks:
Forward smash- I use this too much. It's so tempting to try and hit with it, but I usually miss :(
down smash- Good on the ledge, like if someone rolls behind you. Otherwise, the range is too short for my taste.
up smash- I can catch people jumping from the ledge sometimes, but otherwise it's range is awkward and it's just as slow as the Fsmash.

Tilts:
forward tilt- It's a good alternative to F-smash, but I find it doesn't rack up damage fast enough when I use it.
down tilt- I usually use this just to get people out of my face.
up tilt- I hardly ever find myself using this move. Its range is pretty short and if I wanted someone in the air, I'd Up-smash.

Aerials:
up aerial- This beautiful, god-like masterpiece of a move has won me so many matches. It's ridiculously fast and has crazy knockback. On par with Diddy's Up air in my opinion.
down aerial- Like the F-smash, I use this too much and rarely hit with it. I'd be better off using Nairs instead.
forward aerial- I can usually hit people trying to recover, and it's the best option out of Arcfire.
neutral aerial- I love this move when I'm in the air. I could even say I spam it. It's just so nice for getting your opponent out of the way.
Back aerial- Almost as beautiful as the Up-air, it's just a little harder to hit with. I can usually use it to surprise people that are trying to read my landing.
Grabs:
up grab- Never use it. If I'm trying to send someone up for a combo, I'll use down-throw.
down grab- Pretty good for combo-ing. At mid-percents, I can get an Up-air off of it.
back grab- The best option for a grab. Can kill just over 100%, and if it doesn't, I can try to gimp the opponent off the ledge.
forward grab- Never use this either. If I do, it's by accident.
pummel- I would only ever consider it if my opponent were above 150%. It's too slow, and I'm accustomed to throwing immediately after landing a grab.
Specials:
Arcfire- It's an extremely good zoning tool, and it's so satisfying to string two together by jumping.
Thunder- This is my go-to when there's a lot of distance between me and the enemy. Like Fox's lasers, it just forces your opponent to approach you.
elwind- I know it's the best option for spiking, but I can't seem to get the hang of it. Main thing I'm working on with Robin at the moment. It never fails for recovery, though.
Nosferatu- I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER use this. It can be extremely useful at times, but it's so hard to land that I just end up getting punished after missing. This is another move I could stand to practice.

etc:
jab- It's good when my opponent is trying to be all fancy, and the fire jab can even kill when percent is high enough.

Last words- He's honestly not a character that fits my playstyle. I tend to enjoy fast rushdown characters, which is why I main Fox, but Robin is just so much fun because he's different. He's definitely next in line for characters I want to master.

SoBMudkip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ROBIN_HYPE
Smash Attacks:
Forward smash- Good kill power, a lot of end lag. Use sparingly. 5/10
down smash- Go to smash attack. Great for punishing rolls, good kill power, and hits on both sides. 8/10
up smash-

Tilts:
forward tilt- Fast, decent knockback, sprinkle some in here and there. 8/10
down tilt- GET OFF ME! 7/10
up tilt- Anti air. That's it. 2/10

Aerials:
up aerial- GODLIKE, but predictable. Use a variety of aerials to prevent this. 9/10
down aerial- Good meteor smash, a lot of end lag. Decent range. 7/10
forward aerial- Personally I think this is Robins's best move. Fast, good for follow ups, decent kill power, and extremely versatile. 10/10
neutral aerial- Shorthop Nair's are a great move for the neutral game, great for gimping. Very fast. 9/10
Back aerial- Fast, strong, and a kill move. Whats not to like? 9/10
Grabs:
up grab- Ehhhh don't use this. 2/10
down grab- Down grab, up air. 8/10
back grab- A kill move at higher percents. Good for racking up damage. My go to throw. 8/10
forward grab- See up grab. 1/10
pummel- really?
Specials:
Arcfire- SPAM THIS. There really is no wrong time to use this except when they are very close to you. Follow up into Fair or UPair. 9/10
Thunder- Use this to interrupt approaches. Arcthunder- I love to hit them with this then grab them out of it. Looks quite impressive too! Great for combos. Thoron- Kill move. 10/10
elwind- Decent recovery, I like to go low most of the time. Spike is very situational, but is a viable option. 8/10
Nosferatu- Hype if you hit with it, and basically makes your opponent think twice about shielding. Great times to use it are when approaching from the air, when your opponent is shielding on a platform and you are under him, and when you know you can interrupt their attack with it.

etc:
jab- Fast, good for racking up damage. Use the fire one. 8/10

Last words- Robin's ground game is pretty limited. Stick to grabs, jabs, and tilts for safe options. Use arcfire to your advantage- many opponents don't know how to deal with it. But when you do run into someone that shuts down you arcfire, it's gonna be tough. Use it sparingly and play passively. I think we all know how good Robin's aerial game is. Lastly, it is worthwhile to learn how to grab the tomes smoothly. These do decent damage and can kill!

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Smash Attacks:
Forward smash- The attack I use when I should probably be using down smash
down smash- The attack I should be using when I use forward smash
up smash- The attack I use when I'm dashing and don't want to use dash attack

Tilts:
forward tilt- I hardly ever use it because the sticks are so sensitive that any sort of movement is registered as a dash and I end up using a dash attack
down tilt- Very quick, good for getting an opponent out of the way when Arcfire is too risky.
up tilt- Also quick, if an opponent is on a platform above you it's a way to hit them with relatively little lag, but you should probably use uair instead

Aerials:
up aerial- YES
down aerial- Lolno
forward aerial- Great for edgeguarding
neutral aerial- Gimping all day every day
Back aerial- Amazing KO move, but I always have trouble pulling it off
Grabs:
up grab- Lol
down grab- Good for low percent uair followups, anything higher than 50% gives them enough time to airdodge
back grab- Decent for launching your opponent off the edge, it's too bad it launches them so vertically that they'll always be able to recover
forward grab- LOL
pummel- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT'S A GOOD ONE
Specials:
Arcfire- Spammable, great for spacing, decent damage and knockback, easy uair followups, what more can you ask for?
Thunder- Thunder is pretty much useless. Elthunder is definitely the best, it's spammable, quick, and has good knockback. Arcthunder is tough to use, but it can lead to a grab followup. Thoron is an amazing kill move and damage inducer, but takes a while to charge up.
elwind- Subpar recovery move, easy to gimp. Spiking is nice, but I find it pretty tough to do.
Nosferatu- Healing is always appreciated, goes through shields. Really difficult to use successfully, but if you can do it it really advances your Robin play.

etc:
jab- Fire jab is great. Wind jab sucks.

Last words- Uair and Arcfire all day every day

AbsoluteZer0Nova

Smash Cadet
Smash Attacks:
Forward smash- It's alright.
down smash- This is definitely the ideal one to go for the KO.
up smash- Meh better off just using it when your opponent so happens to be on a platform like on BF.

Tilts:
forward tilt- Good for spacing.
down tilt- Good for keeping them out of my personal space.
up tilt- Decent up tilt.

Aerials:
up aerial- Sweet KO move.
down aerial- Um... just why?
forward aerial- Same as up aerial.
neutral aerial- Great for spacing and keeping out of personal space in air, especially when up against a Ness.
Back aerial- Same as forward aerial.
Grabs:
up grab- No comment.
down grab- Good for setting up up aerial.
back grab- Great knockback that can potentially KO.
forward grab- Only for Thoron at best.
pummel- ...
Specials:
Arcfire- Keep foes at bay.
Thunder- Thunder just for Ness in keeping him away, Elthunder occasionally, Arcthunder the best and should be used most to set up aerial attacks when it stuns and Thoron great KO move at high damage and when they come landing down.
elwind- Awesome spike and recovery (if your patient with it).
Nosferatu- First ever heal move in the entire Smash series. =D

etc:
jab- Wind Jab is alright and Fire Jab is the best for surprising KO move seeing as how the knockback for it is like.

Last words- Play like a strategist and know your enemy to figure out which Thunder moves work best on them.

Xerox the beautiful

Smash Rookie
Smash Attacks:
Forward smash- I wasn't confident in my pivot down smash at the time so I whent with this
down smash- Good if you can get a good read if not prepared to go through a thousand years of end lag
up smash- Sometimes worth usually not

Tilts:
forward tilt- Go away please I'm busy
down tilt- Oh he got a bit closer than I'd have liked
up tilt- Can you please put your sword forward a little bit more it looks like you do anyways unless you zoom in

Aerials:
up aerial- THE ONE TRUE GOD
down aerial- Has it's place situationally but usually not worth
forward aerial- Good nice hit box good damage really quick
Back aerial- Comes out like a lightning bolt and hits like one too only real issue is it can be a little tricky to land I can work with that though
Grabs:
up grab- Why?
down grab- It works well enough unfortunately it can't confirm anything even slightly consistently on most characters
back grab- Usually the best one decent distance nothing to amazing but it's not bad
forward grab- Usualy not worth terrible throw distance
pummel- Never a good idea ever
Specials:
Arcfire- Bread and butter for stage control and combos
Thunder- Thunder mid range harassment El thunder longer range zoning Arc thunder frame traps and combos Thoron kills at a reasonable percent has unlimited range and destroys all other projectiles besides a full Samus charge shot it obviously has it's uses
elwind- Solid versitile recovery with some good offensive potential
nosferatu- A comand grab that can turn the tide of battle

etc:
jab- Solid disjoint quick powerful good as long as you can spare a fire use and don't accidentally use the wind version

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Gonna take a crack at this as someone who doesn't play Robin and give y'all something to laugh at. Rating on a scale of :4robinf: to :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf:

Smash Attacks:
Forward smash-:4robinf::4robinf: It's an fsmash.
down smash-:4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf: Good coverage above and in front of Robin, even hits behind her with the sparks. Worse launch angle and frontal reach than fsmash but otherwise generally better.
up smash-:4robinf::4robinf: idk

Tilts:
forward tilt- :4robinf: I really don't know when you'd use this over jab, they have similar range but ftilt takes longer to start and doesn't lead into a finisher (I guess it doesn't use tome durability at least?)
down tilt- :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf: Quick "get off me" tool with next to no endlag.
up tilt- :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf: underrated antiair, decent disjoint and is fairly quick.

Aerials:
up aerial- :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf: the best move in the game

down aerial- :4robinf: lol
forward aerial- :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf: Decent aerial, doesn't have the kill power of uair/bair.
neutral aerial- :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf: Very quick, useful for spacing. Delicious launch angle.
Back aerial- :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf: Good lord that power.

Grabs:
up grab- :4robinf: Gets them above you, at least.

down grab- :4robinf: Measly 6%, Robin's awful jumpsquat time seems to make aerial combos impossible to boot. It probably puts the opponent in a better position than uthrow though, maybe I'm underselling it.
back grab- :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf: 11% is good reward for a throw, can potentially kill done near the ledge.
forward grab- :4robinf::4robinf: Positioning and 8%
pummel- :4robinf: Better than :4greninja:, at least.

Specials:
Arcfire- :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf: Very useful move for stuffing approaches and controlling your opponent's movement. Great in that it activates even on shield, unlike PK Fire.
Thunder- :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf: Also a very useful and versatile projectile, though I usually see Robins favor Arcthunder/Thoron over using lower charges for zoning (rightfully so I suppose; the potential reward off Arcthunder is ridiculous for a projectile and Thoron closes stocks).
Elwind- :4robinf::4robinf: I actually hate this as a recovery, but it's one of the fastest spikes in the game and it has some niche use defensively when stuck above your opponent.
Nosferatu- :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf: Hard to say if this is actually the best or the worst move in Robin's kit. Takes forever to start, but the reward is massive if you get it to connect, and being a command grab you can potentially get it off on a shielding opponent if they have The Fear™

etc:
jab (fire)- :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf: Very quick and potent "get off me tool" with respectable damage, range and knockback for its speed. Would rate 5/5 if it didn't use an Arcfire charge.
jab (wind)- :4robinf: Can actually kill, but...when are you ever going to connect all of it?

Last words- Throwing tomes and swords is cool, too.

Top Bottom