• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would you feel with Urban Champion as an alt. skin character of Little Mac?

How would you want Sakurai to utilize Urban Champ as an alt. of Little Mac?

• Normal costume

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

smashkirby

Smash Hero
This has been bugging me for so long, considering Urban Champ was considered for Melee, and Sakurai himself said that all the Urban Champ did was punch in his game, and it apparently made him too "generic" to be playable, and I actually thought since alt. skins are a thing for Smash now, I was hoping for an Urban Champ alt. skin for Mac that could be considered as a separate character like Alph and the Koopalings, yet that didn't fall through. So what do you think? Urban Champ as an alt. for Mac. Would it work out?

BTW, this is the Urban Champion:

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
I dunno, so far all of the Alts have been very closely related to each ither. Both Robins are basically the same person, the Koopalings are close siblings, Olimar and Alph are both Pikmin commanders. I think it'd be weird if they not only put in a DLC Alternate Costume of all things, but mad eit a charactr from a different franchise, too.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Eh, I'm not really interested at all. Mac has more than enough alts as it is, I think he has more than anybody currently in the game. Urban Champion, as a character, doesn't really stand out much anyway to warrant any playable incarnation. I'd rather see him as a trophy, assist trophy or hazard in an Urban Champion-themed stage.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Would like him as an alt but I don't think Mac's moveset would necessarily make sense for Urban Champion. I guess it could work.
I dunno, so far all of the Alts have been very closely related to each ither. Both Robins are basically the same person, the Koopalings are close siblings, Olimar and Alph are both Pikmin commanders. I think it'd be weird if they not only put in a DLC Alternate Costume of all things, but mad eit a charactr from a different franchise, too.
Eh, I'm not really interested at all. Mac has more than enough alts as it is, I think he has more than anybody currently in the game. Urban Champion, as a character, doesn't really stand out much anyway to warrant any playable incarnation. I'd rather see him as a trophy, assist trophy or hazard in an Urban Champion-themed stage.
Yeah, I hear you guys. The thing is, from what I've heard, Urban Champion (the game) supposedly "inspired" the creation of Punch-Out!! So, I thought it would be a nice little nod to the series. Also, don't forget, the whole reason Urban Champ wasn't selected to be playable in Melee was because Sakurai thought all he could do was PUNCH, and he wouldn't have much of a moveset to go off of. Later on, come 13 or so years later after the release of Melee, and who is announced as a newcomer form Smash 4? That's right...:4littlemac: Also, according to the Smash 4 Direct released a couple of months later, Mac's ENTIRE moveset was supposedly going to be LITERALLY littered with nothing BUT...punching. The exact reason why the Urban Champ got removed from Melee to begin with. (Supposedly along with the idea that he was bland...or something....?)

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Yeah, I hear you guys. The thing is, from what I've heard, Urban Champion (the game) supposedly "inspired" the creation of Punch-Out!! So, I thought it would be a nice little nod to the series. Also, don't forget, the whole reason Urban Champ wasn't selected to be playable in Melee was because Sakurai thought all he could do was PUNCH, and he wouldn't have much of a moveset to go off of. Later on, come 13 or so years later after the release of Melee, and who is announced as a newcomer form Smash 4? That's right...:4littlemac: Also, according to the Smash 4 Direct released a couple of months later, Mac's ENTIRE moveset was supposedly going to be LITERALLY littered with nothing BUT...punching. The exact reason why the Urban Champ got removed from Melee to begin with. (Supposedly along with the idea that he was bland...or something....?)
Thing is all the Urban Champion ever does IS punch, not a variety of punches or study a martial arts like Little Mac does. Little Mac's moveset is built around boxing, which has a lot to work with. All Urban Champion has is his simple punch.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Urban Champion did not inspire Punch Out. Punch Out was a bit before Urban Champion, and the games are really quite different.

The first Punch Out came out February 1984. Urban Champion came out November the same year.

The only Punch-Out that might have been inspired by Urban Champion is the Game & Watch Punch Out game, but nobody remembers that one

Last edited:
Top Bottom