• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

How to Wavedash

D

Deleted member

RetroKiirby submitted a new guide:

How to Wavedash - How to do basic wavedashing

View attachment 89243 Hello! I can tell you came here for a basic text guide on wavedashing. For anyone that doesn't know what wavedashing is, it is a advanced technique, or tech that allows all characters to move around quickly and give players the ability to grab, punish, and attack. Now, let's begin!

First off, you'll need two buttons, (X/Y and R) and the main analog stick. The easiest character to wavedash with is Luigi in both Project M and Melee.

Step #1: Crouch.

Step #2: This step...
Read more about this guide...

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I feel like it needs more explanation than "it is a advanced technique, or tech that allows all characters to move around quickly and give players the ability to grab, punish, and attack." Maybe talk about how it works, add wavelanding, and some of the other stuff that goes along with wavedashing.
Saying "jump" instead of "X/Y" might be helpful, and you didn't mention how fast it should be between the jump and air dodge inputs. Also, you don't really need to crouch, I think, you just need to make sure you get the down input.

Basically, there's not anything really incorrect in the guide, it just feels a bit short.

Top Bottom