• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Watch Full Codeset Replays?

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
So, I use the full codeset to play P:M, but I recently had a really cool combo happen in a match. I knew that the replay wouldn't play properly because I wasn't using the Wifi-Safe set, but I decided to save it anyways. Is there any way of making this replay watchable? If I switched to the Wifi set temporarily, would I be able to watch it? Are there any geniuses out there who can change the file & make it watchable?

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
This isn't possible, because there are slight changes in how the game handles input. When you saved the replay, the game gathered all of the information it does for brawl replays. However, there are a few inputs that have been 'added' that are not picked up by the brawl replay save system. These inputs include small things like the shoulder buttons and the control stick, so chances are almost 100% that you inadvertently used them at least once.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I felt this when me and my friends ****** around in Metal Cavern and my Ness being hilariously stopped by my friend's Lucas bouncing me under the stage TWICE in succession (first with Lucas' down-B, then with his 2.5 bair) wasn't recorded. I feel like converting to Wi-Fi codeset, but the PM website doesn't really make the differences clear to me. Can anyone direct me to a sort of difference list forum? This would be much appreciated.

Top Bottom