• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to VI/DI

The-General

Smash Rookie
im new to smashboards and smash in general, i just wondering how do you DI/VI in this game when your character is sent vertically and horizantally

squaminator

Smash Ace
It's not very strong.
It used to be you could get like 30% higher and still survive using good vectoring in this game, but not anymore. Since the WiiU patch came out it's not very effective.

If you are being launched horizontally, the best direction to hold is towards the stage and up, so diagonally. If you are a floaty worried about dying off the top, hold down and towards the stage instead of up. If you hold away from the stage or just straight up you will go farther and you will die earlier.

Just remember that the direction that you are holding when you get hit is what matters. If you weren't pushing in the right direction when you got hit then you may be doomed.

And again, it's not very effective anymore it seems. I'm not sure how combo DI works in this game but in general if you are being combo'd and not worried about being KO'd you can hold in different directions to manipulate your character and get out of the combo.

The-General

Smash Rookie
It's not very strong.
It used to be you could get like 30% higher and still survive using good vectoring in this game, but not anymore. Since the WiiU patch came out it's not very effective.

If you are being launched horizontally, the best direction to hold is towards the stage and up, so diagonally. If you are a floaty worried about dying off the top, hold down and towards the stage instead of up. If you hold away from the stage or just straight up you will go farther and you will die earlier.

Just remember that the direction that you are holding when you get hit is what matters. If you weren't pushing in the right direction when you got hit then you may be doomed.

And again, it's not very effective anymore it seems. I'm not sure how combo DI works in this game but in general if you are being combo'd and not worried about being KO'd you can hold in different directions to manipulate your character and get out of the combo.
Thanks for the reply now i understand it much better, i was looking up on smash wiki and i was going by the logic from previous titles

Top Bottom