• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to use Wario? Well?

UFVKNP

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-5094-3096
Hi. First thing, I'm new here and first post yay.

Anyway, as you can see by my profile over <-- there, my Project M main is Wario. He is just about the only character I can use coherently (well, not counting Giga Bowser, but come on, he's Giga Freaking Bowser), but I'm still not great. So I had a few questions about using him more effectively.

Is Wario's wavedash any good, and is it effective to use?

Is his Shoulder Bash a decent approach, or is it too punishable?

Are ANY of his smashes useful?

If the answer to the above question is no, what are his best KO moves?

I'm mostly a casual player, but trying to get more competitive, and I tend to just smashsmashsmashsmash to KO.

Thanks in advance.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Howdy duder, welcome to the clan of floaty fat men in overalls, I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.

Is Wario's wavedash any good, and is it effective to use?
Not really no, it's a wavedash so it has use and you should be using it, but compared to the rest of the roster, no it's not that great.

Is his Shoulder Bash a decent approach, or is it too punishable?
No don't approach with it, it's useful sometimes in that aspect because of the size of the hitbox, damage, and the distance it goes, but unless you hit them with the last part of the move near the edge of the stage, which is only kinda safe because the shield pushback causes them to go offstage and onto the ledge, it's very punishable on shield. Use it mostly in tech chase situations, sometimes to catch bad di when they dash dance, or to punish high endlag on a whiffed move.

Are ANY of his smashes useful?
They're all useful actually. Usmash has a great hitbox, can combo into itself or uthrow at early percents, and sets up for aerial strings at midish percents, good anti air, and with dacus, is his longest ranged approach option. Fsmash is extremely quick to come out, has an extremely cancerous angle, and good knockback, but it has decent end lag so don't just throw it out. Down smash is amazing in tech chase situations because of how fast it comes out and the range it covers, and it can also meteor, or spike can't remember which, oppenents that come into contact with his fist. Your opponent can crouch cancel it any percent though, so be don't be too reliant on it's usage, eventually your opponent will be able to react to it despite it's speed.

If the answer to the above question is no, what are his best KO moves?
Wario's moves that flat out kill consist of waft, side b, uair, bair, ftilt, fthrow, and fsmash. Moves that kill in edgeguarding scenarios are dair, nair, and downsmash.

Hopefully this will help you in some manner, if you have any more questions me or one of the other wario mains will be floating around here.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Down smash is amazing in tech chase situations because of how fast it comes out and the range it covers, and it can also meteor, or spike can't remember which, oppenents that come into contact with his fist.
Definitely meteor, not a very potent one either, I survived four in row (as Bowser!).

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
As a fairly new Wario Player, I may have terrible tactics. But heres mine anyways.
I do use a lot of his smash attacks which are really good. His Down smash is great for spacing or in some cases edgegaurding if the opponent is right near the hitbox for the attack (which is usually right near the edge but not near their grabbox for the edge). Wairo's air mobility is one of the greatest next to Jigglypuff and rivaled with the fact that his Up-B is a recovery move he can get some really good recoveries (not to mention some with his side-B). When fully charged his Down-B can kill at low percent, so it's important to stall or try to keep alive for long so you can end an opponent with a down-b if your a high percent and you've got enough damage. His down air is very fast and has a meteor effect (like Link's) so it is a useful tool for opponents trying to recover as well. His Dash attack and crouch attack are easily comboable. However Wario isn't the best for getting out of combo's himself so keep that in mind.

Top Bottom