• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to use the cape

Twek

Smash Cadet
can someone give me scenarios in which to use the cape or even send me links to videos that demonstrate?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
watch the FCD Regional Crews: South vs East Coast pt 1

The third match is Green Mario vs. Kirbstir (Peach). And Green Mario is pretty beastly for the match up, and excellent cape use. Against fast fallers, caping is only useful if A. If they upB too close to the stage and you can jump out and cape them. They are under the stage or are about to be, I would look to ftilt the phantasm or illusion and if the firefox you should be able to cape. Against Marth you want to try to stand just out of range of the sword's upB and cape the sword when it pops out of the level. Most other recoveries are either really easy to cape (Ganon, Falcon,) or really difficult and situational (Peach, Jiggly, etc.). You can do a ledgehog to cape to use your invulnerability frames to cape some upB's as well if they are predictable. I think I rambled there... but at least I gave a bunch of caping options.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
If you have the knowledge, you could jump off stage, cape someone if they are recovering, and get back to the stage. Sorta like using Marth's B attack then returning to stage.

Top Bottom