• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to use sheik

Yangtze

Smash Rookie
I just started using zelda and ive been doing pretty good but since her down b has her transform then i guess it's worth learning how to use sheik as well. so can yall give me any ideas? so far all i do is dash and then use the up smash to hit ppl. then i know the chain is used for recovering and the needles are for stabbing ppl. so what else do i need to do?

Lucan Desmond

Smash Rookie
her aerials are amazing, get good with them. Her dash attack is also pretty good at setting up combos at low to medium damage levels and all her smashes are pretty useful depending on situation of course. He fsmash is actually her worst one, but deals a decent amount of damage if you have the opportunity to land it on a low damage opponent.

Anywho, the whole point here is: AERIAL COMBOS, shes great at them, get good with them.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
...Excuse me? This is Brawl, not Melee. Dash attack doesn't set up for combos. Sheik can combo ftilt into an aerial, but not much more. Sheik's best point is her speed and mobility, pretty much making her very good at racking up damage, though her KO potential is relatively weak...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If your going to use sheik like us then your going to be in for some long matches, it takes forever to ko someone in brawl. sheiks fair got nerfed a TON.

Justice7541

Smash Apprentice
Why did they nerf Shiek so BADLY. Atleast Fox retained his high-tear position after being nerfed.
Whine more about it. Sheik plays more like she should now, and that's all that really matters. Besides, it's not like everything they did to Sheik in Brawl was a nerf.

Yangtze

Smash Rookie
so i damage ppl alot w/ sheik then switch to zelda to finish them off?

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be honest: At first I hated Sheik, but after playing for a little bit, I decided to try her again. And I actually still really like her. Maybe even more than Melee. Yes, she has lost several of her most sick moves. But she does have some distinct advantages:

1) One of the shortest shorthops
2) One of the fastest falling speeds
3) Fast, low-lag aerials (except Dair)
4) Forward tilt can repeatedly combo. Tilts in general are very powerful
5) FAST! Faster than Melee even.

She doesn't play like the melee powerhouse she did play as, with chainthrows, Down Smashes, Forward Aerials, and Needles being basically the only moves she needed. Instead, she's all about quickly and relentlessly building damage and comboing.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Why did they nerf Shiek so BADLY. Atleast Fox retained his high-tear position after being nerfed.
I apologize on behalf of Sakurai that you can no longer use Sheik for an advantageous matchup against most of the cast like you could in Melee. If you still want that, go play Meta Knight or something. Just stop posting here.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
I apologize on behalf of Sakurai that you can no longer use Sheik for an advantageous matchup against most of the cast like you could in Melee. If you still want that, go play Meta Knight or something. Just stop posting here.

Actually, Metaknight is very much like Sheik: Good for racking up damage, incredibly pitiful for getting KO's.

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
LOL

You are an incredible noob if you think Metaknight is pitiful at getting KOs.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
side note since alot of other stuff has been covered. needles seem super fast to charge from what i've experienced. anyone have any ko strategies to pass along to me though? i mained her in melee but i'm having major difficulties with the transition... killing people at like 200% sucks

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
beat 115% into a Mario, and hit him with a Dsmash with MK, and tell me he doesn't have KO power. Anyway, What I found is cool with Sheik is to Ftilt combo into a Usmash, then Nair if they aren't already dead. Ftilt sets up for a sweet spotted Usmash nicely.

JRAFF

Smash Cadet
Sheik is an easy character to play badly in Brawl, I think... haha. Maybe that sounds weird.

Racking up damage with her is easy... however she has to work harder than most characters to get a K.O.

It's something I myself still need to work on a lot.

zzzzzzzzzz

Smash Cadet
up B is good to get some unexpected KOs. dashing up B then tele back if u miss, fairly safe KO attempt. u would need aggressive edge guarding, thats how i get most of my kills. no real grab combos but grabs still useful. vary your approaches after a grab to set up for different stuff (another grab, dashing Up smash, etc)

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
What seems absurd is how people feel restricted to use Sheik, when a good knockback that doesn't get you the KO is the perfect time to transform into Zelda and go for the kill.

The transformation time is long compared to melee, true, but people greatly exaggerate its length; it's still possible to use it in battle frequently if the proper measures are taken.

I dunno, it just feels wasteful to play half of a full character only; I wonder if Pokemon trainers only use 1 of the 3 available pokemon all the time.

neji49

Smash Cadet
so i damage ppl alot w/ sheik then switch to zelda to finish them off?
That's what I usually do. Fsmash can't kill but at 100 or so, it will get them out of your face long enough for you to transform and then to can kill them easily with Zelda. I think Zelda and Shiek will be synergized more now, and as somebody said, it's a waste to only use half a character.

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
What seems absurd is how people feel restricted to use Sheik, when a good knockback that doesn't get you the KO is the perfect time to transform into Zelda and go for the kill.

The transformation time is long compared to melee, true, but people greatly exaggerate its length; it's still possible to use it in battle frequently if the proper measures are taken.

I dunno, it just feels wasteful to play half of a full character only; I wonder if Pokemon trainers only use 1 of the 3 available pokemon all the time.
Well, your kind of forced to use all of his pokemon at least a little, with them tiring out and all.

Anyway, reading these posts (especially yours) has sort of inspired me to try Zelda out. So uh... Thank you!

Robostrike

Smash Cadet
Just one thing regarding dashing USmashes. If you do it correctly, it should land properly on opponents, but from what I'm finding, there is a bit of start up lag in front of the person, meaning that they can grab you before your attack touches them. Though Usmash kills opponents, I prefer the strategy where your opponent has to do all the thinking in order to win:

Throw your opponent off the stage and then whip out your chain and start flailing it around the edge. Most of the time, you flail your opponent so that they fall straight down, and once they use their upB, they'll be hit by the chains continuously until they die. If they grab the ledge, then just continue to flail as if they are trying to strike you, your chain will get first priority to hit your opponent and they fall before their attack animation starts.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
That's what I usually do. Fsmash can't kill but at 100 or so, it will get them out of your face long enough for you to transform and then to can kill them easily with Zelda. I think Zelda and Shiek will be synergized more now, and as somebody said, it's a waste to only use half a character.
If its a waste to use half then why does chu dat main ivysaur and chillin main squirtle haha not making fun or challenging your point just thought it was funny

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I usually use Sheik to quickly build up damage and avoid attacks before going for the KO with Zelda. All of Zelda's smashes can KO reliably, u-tilt and f-tilt are incredibly strong, f-air and b-air can KO at low %ages if sweetspotted and u-air is amazing.

Din's Fire can KO at 120% on some characters and it can intercept recovering opponents.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
LOL you are incredible noob if you think Metaknight isn't pitiful at getting KOs.
UpB - Quick and strong, can do out of shield pretty easily. Also has a big hitbox. Only problem might be accidently killing yourself by gliding over the edge, but only idiots do that. :/

D-smash -Also very quick, even the back portion hits pretty fast. Not hard at all to hit with. If you can land an f-tilt, you can land a d-smash.

F-smash - A bit slow, but still strong.

Also, Meta Knight has multiple jumps and amazing recovery methods, so it's easy to just fly out to your opponent after sending them off the edge and push them into oblivion with f-airs/n-airs/b-airs.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
If its a waste to use half then why does chu dat main ivysaur and chillin main squirtle haha not making fun or challenging your point just thought it was funny
Because perhaps they are not in the mood to learn 3 different movesets, their intricacies, and how to properly synergize them?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
ftilts

I read somewhere earlier in the post about using shiek's ftilts to rack up dmg. I was wondering how you would start the ftilt combo on someone because it's really easy to dodge then counter (or throw me off balance) :dizzy:.

Top Bottom