• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to use DJC?

PsyRex

Smash Cadet
Hey, I've been playing a lot of Yoshi recently because he seems to have quite a bit of potential and he's such an oddball character. One thing I'm having trouble with is how I should be using DJC. The stickied guide says it can be used as an alternative to SHFFL, but I can't seem to make it work close to the ground very well. More often than not, I just end up DJLing and then jabbing. If I don't do that, it just seems like a short hopped aerial and it doesn't seem all that advantageous compared to SHFFL.

Please let me know if I'm just being an idiot and this is all really obvious :)

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Yoshi's double jump initially goes lower than most DJC characters' jumps, so you must wait a little bit before using an aerial. It's all about timing. Compare Yoshi's SHFFL with a DJC aerial; you'll see that the DJC aerial is much quicker. It also gives you super armor before you perform the aerial, but be careful not to keep yourself hanging otherwise you can get hit out of your double jump and be unable to recover.

Last edited:
Top Bottom