• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to use Brawl moves in Project M?

XCYPER33

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how I would go about using some of the Brawl moves of characters for Project M?

For example I want to revert Ivysaur's neutral special back to Bullet Seed. Currently it's solarbeam though I would like to use Bullet Seed again like how it was in Brawl. Do I just go into the characters files and delete the replacement move or would that mess something up. Thanks.

XCYPER33

Smash Rookie
Okay so I tested it myself by deleting all the files in the players folder, and the end result: IT WORKS...sort of.

See when you delete all the files your also deleting that characters properties, or to put it simply: the character now plays like he/she does in Brawl. This also means you have the Brawl airdodge so you can't wavedash, and the light gravity of Brawl so its harder to combo. Using any PM altered costumes for that character also freezes the game, at least it did for me. I'll try deleting one file at a time to see what results in what now.

Last edited:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
it's not as simple as just "swapping" a move. P:M's engine is very different from Brawl's so anything you add or change is either going to be buggy or not work at all.

you can always just play the game like it was intented. 3.5 is great you know?

(i'm not even going to ask why you would want to swap solarbeam for bulletseed lol)

I Myself

Smash Cadet
So, every character's moveset is defined by Fit[Name].pac and Fit[Name}MotionEtc.pac. Changing a move is not as simple as replacing one file with another, since the data you need to change is contained in these two files (namely, the hitbox/visual effects data in the first and the character animations in the second). As Narpas_sword suggested, you'll have to use Project Smash Attacks to alter FitIvysaur.pac, though it won't be a simple task for someone who's just learning how to use it

However, if you wish to add Bullet Seed back to Ivysaur, you'll have to give up one of her other projectile moves in return. Each character's .pac file can only hold a number of articles (aka projeciles) equal to the number they had in Brawl. So, Ivysaur can only have two projectiles, and in Project M her Bullet Seed projectile has been replaced with Seed Bomb. That being said, if you want to learn how to use PSA (an endeavor which I think would be very rewarding), you could "revert" other non-projectile moves on Ivysaur, or on any other character.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
How in the world did you safely double bump your post in general discussion? Dude..
*bows*

XCYPER33

Smash Rookie
So, every character's moveset is defined by Fit[Name].pac and Fit[Name}MotionEtc.pac. Changing a move is not as simple as replacing one file with another, since the data you need to change is contained in these two files (namely, the hitbox/visual effects data in the first and the character animations in the second). As Narpas_sword suggested, you'll have to use Project Smash Attacks to alter FitIvysaur.pac, though it won't be a simple task for someone who's just learning how to use it

However, if you wish to add Bullet Seed back to Ivysaur, you'll have to give up one of her other projectile moves in return. Each character's .pac file can only hold a number of articles (aka projeciles) equal to the number they had in Brawl. So, Ivysaur can only have two projectiles, and in Project M her Bullet Seed projectile has been replaced with Seed Bomb. That being said, if you want to learn how to use PSA (an endeavor which I think would be very rewarding), you could "revert" other non-projectile moves on Ivysaur, or on any other character.
Ah man I don't think I have the patience to learn all that stuff haha, so I guess I'll just stick with what we have now, thanks.

it's not as simple as just "swapping" a move. P:M's engine is very different from Brawl's so anything you add or change is either going to be buggy or not work at all.

you can always just play the game like it was intented. 3.5 is great you know?

(i'm not even going to ask why you would want to swap solarbeam for bulletseed lol)
I think it's kind of unfair how Ivysaur can just heal himself, even if its a slow process, though that's just me. Plus I personally liked Bullet seed a lot as it was a good attack for racking up damage, and didn't take forever to charge lol.

How in the world did you safely double bump your post in general discussion? Dude..
*bows*
I didn't know you couldn't, I just joined today XD

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Please do not post multiple times in a row, especially in quick succession as you did in the beginning of this thread. It's considered spam, and looked down upon.

Message Boards are not chat rooms, and should not be used as such.

If you want to add something to your message, please use the 'edit' button.

Fortress

Smash Master
@ XCYPER33 XCYPER33

I would ask around in the Custom Content section of the Project M boards. The people there might have some ideas, and in all reality, your question has probably been asked before. Just poke around until you find some threads similar to your own.

Xenoks

Smash Rookie
Bump.
Ayy I was also trying to replace a move from Project M.
Mainly Marths Project M Up+B with the Brawl Up+B.
I'm only having problems in that I can't find the original FitMarth.pac (irrelevant to this post) and that I don't know how to change the Up+B height/
Help would be appreciated.

Top Bottom