• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to U-tilt?

Acidictadpole

Smash Cadet
Well I've recently started playing Jiggs a bit, and from watching videos of other people playing her I realise that her Utilt is very useful and very needed. I however am relatively new to smash bros (2 months maybe 3) and am having trouble doing a utilt without jumping.

The only method i've currently found is to hold the stick up while finishing a move, so that the jump never actually takes place. Any other time and I just either smash or jump so no utilt can take place in that situation.

Is there a general way to control yourself to utilt other than this method? Because although the right way I don't feel comfortable holding the stick up as it could mess up some evasive maneuvering (and has already).

Thanks,
Acidic

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
Holding up after you finish a move is the easiest way to do uptilt. You don't need to press the control stick up all the way to perform an utilt, either.

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
I found it just took practice in getting used to where you need to place the joystick in order to do an up tilt. You don't even move it halfway up, you literally barely tilt it. Just keep sliding the stick up a little bit at a time until you don't do a jab any more. Then just get used to where it is. Practice a shffl'd aerial into an up tilt, and you'll have it in no time.

It's just like anything else in this game, all it requires is practice.

arblast

Smash Rookie
its not that hard after a bit of practice. i had trouble when i first started playing as well. Just tilt the control stick so lightly that it is barely tilting, and press A. It will take some time to restrain your power on the control stick.
Another helpful tip:
If you want to do the aerial up A without doing a second jump. use the C-stick instead.

Acidictadpole

Smash Cadet
I found it just took practice in getting used to where you need to place the joystick in order to do an up tilt. You don't even move it halfway up, you literally barely tilt it. Just keep sliding the stick up a little bit at a time until you don't do a jab any more. Then just get used to where it is. Practice a shffl'd aerial into an up tilt, and you'll have it in no time.

It's just like anything else in this game, all it requires is practice.
So barely tilting the stick makes you not jump as well?

Top Bottom