• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to tell charge level of waft

Wa!

Smash Rookie
Long time lurker, first time poster, hello! :)
I searched all over this forum for this but found nothing, I apologize if it's already been posted.

It turns out that you can tell how charged the waft is by looking at Wario's shirt... it slowly lifts up and will show more and more of his stomach as the charge increases. It maxes out and stops as soon as Wario starts to glow brown.

It's actually quite visible (even at a distance) if you know what you're looking for. It seems like this would be a better way to gauge when to use the waft than just estimating... I've been able to use it at near max on opponents without keeping track with a stopwatch.

NOTE: As far as I can tell, this only works on the "Biker Wario" skin, not the Classic Wario.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Also, a fully charged Wario Waft seems to do up to 42% damage. That's more than what Bowser's f-smash can do.

OmegaWeapon

Smash Apprentice
Wow, i didnt know that biker wario had that feature over classic wario.

Since i dont have a problem with biker wario, i may have to play w/ him a little more so i can learn when the waft becomes potent enough to use. (Just letting it fully charge lets a lot of my friends who i play know that i'm gunning for the waft so utilizing it before it's charged my come as a surprise if i play my cards right.)

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
This is much easier to gauge it than watching the time, thanks for the tip. :)

Sy3

Smash Cadet
Or, if you use the overall wario, the timer should always be on, ALWAYS
I think from 7 min, i usually use the fart around 5:10ish it has basically the same knock back and dmg as a fully charge, with out the predictableness.

Wa!

Smash Rookie
I imagine that he does get a little bigger as the waft charges, but you can't see it very easily because of his solid colored overalls.

I'll test it more extensively but it seems like only biker wario can take advantage of this (which is really too bad, since I prefer yellow wario as well)

paralasalud

Smash Ace
maybe the fat starts to seep over his overalls just a bit more.
but that's useful information i never knew about!

i may have to use bike wario in more serious matches.
i love that it's true to the warioware games too.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
ok this is what you do... if your playing in a tournie the time limit will almost always be seven minutes...glance at the time and estimate it by every thirty seconds. then all you need is a comprehensive knowledge of the following:

1. How charged is my waft
2. What percent are they at
3. How heavy are they...

this is seriously like a lot of math, im in the process of figuring out what the minimum percent and minimum charge time is for a k.o on each character. ill post this when its done.

long story short just use the time, it will always be used in tournies so why not configure your wii to have time show as well. this is much more accurate than trying to figure out what his outift looks like

Top Bottom