• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to spike a firefox?

Sssurivad

Smash Apprentice
Hey, how can I spike a firefox? I mean, when Fox is using his firefox technique, how can I spike him? Thanks in advance. Any advice on edgeguarding against Fox will be very helpful, also.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
its easier (for me anyways) to spike a firefox during its first frames while it's being charged. I've also had a sweet moment when a falco did his up b upward and diagonal and I jumped out and met him with my down b spike in air. I was hit too but he was spiked : )

chaddd

Smash Lord
I've posted a lot of stuff in this forum about beating space animals. Check it out.

And mood4food is right. Thomas Tipman spike those fools. And the back air stops the firefox effortlessly. Also, try to get to the space animal and hit him out of those charging flames before the actual firefox. That works too.

Sssurivad

Smash Apprentice
OK, thanks a bunch. I'll try to reverse Uair while he's charging. And I'll definitely look into beating the space animals, I hate them. :p

mood4food77

Smash Hero
uair is better for edgegaurding because of the "spike", if it "spikes", it's only possible for the pokes to even have a shot at making it back (not even samus can if you hit her right)

bair is good as it can hit below the stage, as can fair, just bair is faster, both are very good but bair is much easier to time

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, go for the reverse uair or bair. If you are close to the edge, then u can even jump out with a normal uair, no spike on this, but it will knock them back, then they will have to up b again, and they might be far enough so you can edge hog or just use reverse uair. Once you knock fox a decent amount off stage, its a good idea to turn around, and be ready to either molest him off stage (if fox is using up b) or use reverse uair to deal with his overb.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
if your feeling frisky you can warlock punch suicide >.>. no seriously reverse u-air and bair will do it and make you feel really cool afterwards because ganon is so great.

EazyP

Smash Ace
I'll tell you what you do, you jump off the stage and Down-B his ***, then jump back on and feel the awesome

That's what I do when I need to make my Ganon feel more like my Captain Falcon

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
I like to stand near the edge fastfall a bair so that the hitbox is right where the ledge is. Watch out, they can tech it though.

BFG9

Smash Apprentice
I don't usualy spike when fox uses his firefox. I just step two step back and time my warlock punch with his firefox. As for spiking goes. I'll spike him regardless, might take damge but he looses a stock.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Eeerr, downB spike, Dair, reverse Uair, Bair or Fair for knocking them away from stage.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Ganondorf's Aerial Down-B is an easy, effective way to spike the Firefox... if it hits.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
To easyP.

Reviving a useless thread just isn't doing any good. he could be reviving useful threads...and take your own advice.

: ) seriously though..reviving a thread thats been dead for quite some time for the sole purpose of adding your two cents which have been already said many times is abit useless...but of of course he has the right to, just as you had the right to retort to me saying that.

I'm just adding my two cents to that..I like my boards clean. then again, it is the ganon boards..which are incredibly dull.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
why spike when you can punch the crap outta those space dogs and turkeys. but if it is a must bair eats through them like nothing and a tipman spike does the job nicely.

Top Bottom