• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to slow yourself down as you are sent flying away

deletedmember

Smash Cadet
With most characters, when flying away I just DI diagnally down while holding an air dodge to try to slow myself. What is the best way to do this with Kirby? I try the same method but it doesn't feel nearly as helpful as it does with my other mains and so I wondered if there is a good move to do to stop yourself in the air. Any tips? Thanks.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
aerial hammer is better for recovery. Your best best, since Kirby really has no momentum canceling moves, is to Air Dodge and use Stone to fast fall and Aerial Hammer if you need horizontal movement.

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
i just tilt the control stick the oppisite way im flying from but im not sure if it actually works

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
lol I always just air forward or down, it doesnt seem to help though, but still a habit. I'll have to try the hammer

Top Bottom