• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to set up Aura Sphrere>Usmash?

Twisted Jokerr

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4442-1237-4201
I'm a little lost on how to take advantage of the neutral game to land aura sphere into Usmash. Whenever I try to B-Reverse into the opponent, I get hit. I'll be at about 70% or so and the sphere will be a decent size for this, but I'm trying to figure out what to do. Any help?

Zyflair

Smash Rookie
For neutral, the first is to accumulate pressure on them to make them sit in shield on the ground. Once you get them to defend more, Aura Sphere from the air is free pressure/punish. Catching them for the AS on Landing -> USmash punish just relies on reading their attack/movement.

Also, as a small trick: Consider having your back turned to the ledge when they're recovering (you don't want to be entirely at the edge). If they don't roll and don't have the tools to punish you, they'll eventually have to get over you. Roll from ledge is punished just by firing the sphere.

Helioxx

Smash Rookie
I can sometimes catch an aura sphere when I'm midair and my opponent is approaching me; I start moving in whatever direction is retreating from my opponent so that if I B-reverse and my opponent is moving towards me, it pushes the aura sphere into my opponent as I fall(if I am facing towards them before the B-reverse).

I still have to think about when I should do it, considering the opponent may hit me if they attack earlier than usual and my aura sphere is not that large. Otherwise it's a reasonably safe neutral option; If they avoid it or I miss, I can throw the aura sphere, shield, shield then jump, dodge, cancel the charge and continue moving, or use a jump cancelled aerial or up smash depending on the situation.

Empire~

s a d b o y s
Yeah that's good against people who don't know the mu or don't expect it. However, the better players in my local scene have wizened up to it and punish it with upsmash and other things. So I guess it's a great option against people you've never seen before or who haven't played against lucario. Also, even if you're falling away from someone and you're facing away from them you can still wavebounce into them with asc.

Top Bottom